PDA

View Full Version : Bassin @ the "PUDD"

jw4Bassing
09-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Well I haven't posted in a long while until now but I recently made a trip out to fish the Pudd in this scorching heat and decided to post a report for some of you Pudd fishers. And to my surprise, the fishing has been pretty darn good if you know what you're doing. The water temps in the morning is around 77 degrees and gets to about 80 degrees in the afternoon. The water clarity is stained with about a 3' visibility and the weeds in the lake are dying off and is starting to float up onto the surface in loose clumps.

Anyways, after doing a quick metering around in a couple of areas and watching my graph looking for some baitfish and activity with some success, I decided it was time to use some of my favorite go to baits (both plastics & reaction baits) that I have success in the past to try and entice and catch these finicky bass. After methodically working these baits in the right zone with the proper presentation, I was able to figure out a great pattern to use for the day and ended up catching about a dozen fish with a couple of fish in the 5+ pound range. After a successful outing in the extreme heat, I ended up with a total (5) fish limit weighing just shy of 20 pounds. Here is a couple of pictures of my two biggest fish that anchored my limit:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/jw4bassing/360.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/jw4bassing/361.jpg

Tight Lines All and Good Luck out there ......

JW

BassnRack
09-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Nice job out there! I have a quick question for you. Do the Powell baitcasters have the same hump in the handle as the spinning rods do? I don't like it on my spinning rod.

old pudd fisher
09-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the posts and pictures you have the technique.

sloppyjiggin
09-20-2009, 08:49 PM
nice job indeed

<-live close to there, i might have to try that place out again

calico killer kevin
09-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Wow JW, Haven't read one of your reports in a long time and I can't say that I didn't miss them. You tear it up wherever you are. How's that D7?

jw4Bassing
09-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Do the Powell baitcasters have the same hump in the handle as the spinning rods do?

No it doesn't have the hump on the handle and thanks for the props.

Tight Lines....

JW

jw4Bassing
09-21-2009, 04:45 PM
How's that D7?

That is not a D7. It is the old model 50 MG. Also I appreciate your comments.

Tight Lines....

JW

flyforfish21
09-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Nice fish JW as always at the pudd! What rod do you have matched up with the 50 mg..?

I have a 682c and a scorpion 1000 mg and it is light as heck, i love it...Also love my powells and need to add more soon...

Nice fish again

Flyforfish21

Lightning
09-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Beautiful fish from a tough lake.Congrats!

jw4Bassing
09-21-2009, 06:30 PM
What rod do you have matched up with the 50 mg..?

Flyforfish21

The 682c just like you. I first fell in love with that rod when I put on the 50 MG because the combo of the two is so light and you can fish them all day long without getting tired and the rod is extremely sensitive. I can feel the slightest tick from these finicky bass that hit my baits and that is one of the key factors. Anyways, I used to fish with G. Loomis a lot but I switched to Powell because I like the split grips and you can tuck the actual blank btwn your upper arm and body to add more feel for bites. I now have about a dozen of these rods and I love them all.

Also, I hope the info that I gave you will help you out and Good Luck.

Tight Lines.....

JW

flyforfish21
09-21-2009, 06:58 PM
The 682c just like you. I first fell in love with that rod when I put on the 50 MG because the combo of the two is so light and you can fish them all day long without getting tired and the rod is extremely sensitive. I can feel the slightest tick from these finicky bass that hit my baits and that is one of the key factors. Anyways, I used to fish with G. Loomis a lot but I switched to Powell because I like the split grips and you can tuck the actual blank btwn your upper arm and body to add more feel for bites. I now have about a dozen of these rods and I love them all.

Tight Lines.....

JW

Yeah, i definitely know what you mean with sensitivity, you can almost feel the bass look at your bait...lol...I need to get a 683 or 703 for a little different feel, i have a 2 power and a 4 power, but have tried the 3's yet. Soon enough...lol

Also, yeah thanks for the info, hopefully it will be put to good use. I think i can figure it out, but those pudd bass are definitely tough. Thanks again, very much appreciate it.

Flyforfish21

nismotech91
09-21-2009, 07:19 PM
The pudd king! Way to go.

a biley
09-21-2009, 09:54 PM
I was wondering what happened to your reports! Good job on the fish~! I had a decent day from shore about a month ago, with the biggest going 3 lbs 10 oz

old pudd fisher
09-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Nice one a biley glad to see you fish the pudd again.

Redsyn
09-21-2009, 10:23 PM

Tight Lines.....

JW

How does the powells compare in sensitivity to the g loomis imx rods? I only have imx rods and was looking at the powell rods. What about the power/lure weight ratings compare to loomis? Thanks