PDA

View Full Version : SARL 24 9/19/09 Sat.

saintarv
09-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Decided to the 24hrs Sat. nite. With the special of $29.95 it's only an $8 difference from the night fishing plus you get a 15 fish limit. Anyway found a spot near the bubble hole. From 5pm to 11pm no bites or even nibbles. I was discouraged and doubting the ads of stocking bigger fish and lots of them. The only ones catching are the people on the boats. Then it starts I get my first bite around 11:15pm. It was a decent size stocker. Half hour later I get another one. This one was a big one. I say it's around 5 to 6 lbs.:Shocked: Lucky I was fishing next to a guy with a net. The bite was steady between 11pm to 4:30am. I left at 4:45am. Caught 6 quality fish and 3 of them were around 3 lbs and up. The other 3 were about 1 to 2 lbs. I also missed alot of bites and I would have gotten my 15 fish limit if I was a better fisherman. :ROFL:
So I do believe they did stock it with good size fish cause my neighbor had 8 fish (he had his family with him so he had more rods then me) LOL and he had a 5 pounder and 3 fish at least weighing in at 3lbs. I think if I did the 5 to 11pm nite fishing then my report would say "Saint gets skunked and SARL sucks" :ROFL:Basically the 24 hrs is the best way to go. The bite starts after 11pm and steady through the morning. All fish caught on shrimp.

Here's some pics....

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w348/saintarv/sa2.jpg

Different angle

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w348/saintarv/sa1.jpg

TShaffer
09-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Hey those are some pretty good sized cats. From what I hear the bite always seems to pick up after 11.

Frenchy
09-20-2009, 06:14 PM
i agree w you i was there on friday night w the girlfriend fished sandy beach caught one about 5 lbs as soon as we got there then a few smalllllllll ones mabye 7 inces each ( my gf put these in a basket it and named them louis and billy) thought my gf was 18 not 7 but anyways 11 rolls around and fishing went wildddddddddddd caught 11 fish from 1-4 lbs in an hour on shrimp and mack flylined its was a fun night let the gf reel in all the fish after the hook was set

must have had 100 bites bobbers didnt stop movin all night pretty much

sorry for the thread jack just agreeing w you it was good fishing

fish are close no more than 30 feet out

TShaffer
09-20-2009, 06:20 PM
i agree w you i was there on friday night w the girlfriend fished sandy beach caught one about 5 lbs as soon as we got there then a few smalllllllll ones mabye 7 inces each ( my gf put these in a basket it and named them louis and billy) thought my gf was 18 not 7 but anyways 11 rolls around and fishing went wildddddddddddd caught 11 fish from 1-4 lbs in an hour on shrimp and mack flylined its was a fun night let the gf reel in all the fish after the hook was set

must have had 100 bites bobbers didnt stop movin all night pretty much

sorry for the thread jack just agreeing w you it was good fishing

fish are close no more than 30 feet out

Haha that's funny stuff. Again, nice job Saint.

smokehound
09-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Whoa those were WAY bigger than friday's cats.

Troutman65
09-21-2009, 01:03 AM
Nice going Saintarv & Frenchy.:LOL::Wink:

Good info. for sure.

I just might have to join you guys out there one of these days.

saintarv
09-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Nice going Saintarv & Frenchy.:LOL::Wink:

Good info. for sure.

I just might have to join you guys out there one of these days.

Are you going to Friday's Team 57 event?

troutdog
09-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Nice sized kittys Saint, I am VERY proud of you!

See you friday IF you can get out of work early enough :Wink:

TD

evalrez
09-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Nice catch!! I was there on Friday. Only did 4 hours of fishing. I left at around 9:30 (had to get home to the kiddies). We caught NOTHING!! We used shrimp and nightcrawlers. We would see them splashing in the water but didnt get a single bite. Although I still had a good time, shoulda planned for a late night!

saintarv
09-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Nice sized kittys Saint, I am VERY proud of you!

See you friday IF you can get out of work early enough :Wink:

TD

Looking foward to it. :LOL:

CASTAWAY
09-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Nice work Saint... Stop raiding my spot...LOL