PDA

View Full Version : Oldie but goodie 09 opener

MammothMagic
09-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Took some friends and a few highschool buds from my bible study up to june loop for the weekend. We started out at gull lake and we absolutly killed them. All shapes sizes and colors. We found them in about 15 feet of water, they would come through about every 15 min but once they clued in on my home made bait, "which is for sale, PM me," it became wide open. One of my buddies did tip his kayak in to the friged waters and that pretty much killed his day but some locals who owned a cabin there got him dried off and we put a pole back in his hand. We had a great time around the campfire telling fish stories, making fun of our new polar club member and singing Jonnycash. Sunday we headed up to twinlakes mammoth to do our traditional kayak ice shufful where we hoover over our Kayaks and run accross the 12-18 inch ice and hope your feet don't get wet. I don't think we stoped laughing. As usual no fish to be had in the open water but as soon as we punched holes in the ice it was on as fast as we could get my bait in the water. We got to see a Bald Eagle crash the ice for a dead fish. Their is nothing like gettin to put friends on fish and to see their uncontrolable smile beeming especially the cool tuff highschoolers. What a great time and I can't wait to do it again next year.

SeaSick17
09-20-2009, 04:07 PM
WOW Didnt realize there was still snow up there hahaahaha. Talk about a late report

diamondbear
09-20-2009, 07:10 PM
better late than never , espec. when you have something to share . looks like you guys did good and a good time . like the eagle pic .

jig fish
09-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Nice brown what did you get it on?

MammothMagic
09-21-2009, 05:52 PM
On my home made bait "mammoth magic" which is for sale.