PDA

View Full Version : !trout info!

catfish 17
09-20-2009, 01:38 PM
hey every 1 i was wondering how to fish for trout @ corona lake. I have never fished for trout @ this lake. Can any 1 give me info about that. How to set up your pole, like what weights and what's the best bait and what time if day or night.Or if some one knows the best fishing spot for trout @ corona i would really appreciate it.

thanks, :Smile:

Juventino
09-20-2009, 02:00 PM
I think i can help you out. I dont fish to much at Corona but iv been there enough to know some tips. I usally fish out on the other side of the lake where you see all the trees and brush. I have caught many over there and seen many people catch trout there too. To set up your rod a light action is great to use but i dont have a light action rod i use a medium. I use 4 pound test line. This season im going to try out 2 pound test. I sometimes tie a 2lb test leader to my 4lb line or sometimes i just use 4lb line with no leader. I use 1/4 oz weight or 1/8 oz just kinda depends how deep im fishing and stuff. I put the wait maybe 1 foot or 2 feet about my treble hook size 14 or 12. I mostly use powerbait so that it floats in the water and that is. Iv fished both day and night and they both have their days you know, i like nite because its a little cooler but other than that not much of difference. Hope you catch some trout.

catfish 17
09-20-2009, 02:56 PM
thanks man really good info

The Angler
09-21-2009, 01:52 AM
Since Im a Trout Master at corona ill give you a few tips. Use very light rod & tackle if you can the lighest the better. If your going to be using dough baits like power bait the hott color for me and my crew where Chartese & Orange. I usually had 1 rod set up with power bait & while waiting for that rod to go off I used small Trout worms Around 2/3" Pink ones were hott for me. I also had some good results with Mini jigs also in pink color & chartese.

When using Power bait I Suggest you let it soak for about 10-15 minutes then re cast in another location Also change up your leader length sometimes a few inches goes a long way.

Good luck out there i cant wait for corona to plant the trout myself:Wink:

Troutman65
09-21-2009, 02:11 AM
All good advice that has been giving here.

Having a boat or renting a boat helps you cover more water. Sometimes thats the differance between a Skunk and a Limit ( or somewhere in between . )

Good luck trout fishing.

catfish 17
09-21-2009, 02:40 PM
cool. thanks to every one. i hope it goes well. . . the weights are the only problem that i have. what size?because i got the egg sinker ones but i mean are trout on the bottom or what?

Juventino
09-21-2009, 02:56 PM
it kinda depends on the water temp but for the most part the trout i have caught have been floating just about the bottom maybe 4in-2 foot off the bottom.

catfish 17
09-21-2009, 03:22 PM
so what size of the weights?i just dont wanna waist my time. lol

samgann93
09-21-2009, 03:33 PM
usually 1/8th to 1/2 oz

i use 1/4 oz most of the time.

catfish 17
09-21-2009, 05:13 PM
what are the best spots for trout on corona

JHDucky
09-21-2009, 05:33 PM
I have had the best luck there last year at the trees across from the boat dock. I caught most using garlic Power Bait on a short leader 2' or less.

The Angler
09-21-2009, 09:46 PM
what are the best spots for trout on corona

I think u need to find that out yourself buddy. No one is going to just give up there honey hole to some newbie in here. We gave you the info u need now its up to you to search & destroy. Oh and get the smallest weights you can find.

Juventino
09-22-2009, 04:07 PM
I think u need to find that out yourself buddy. No one is going to just give up there honey hole to some newbie in here. We gave you the info u need now its up to you to search & destroy. Oh and get the smallest weights you can find.

Yes i second that. :Secret:
We already gave you the most important tips and thats your rod set up. Now you have to find the fish as your homework.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
09-23-2009, 03:41 PM
so what size of the weights?i just dont wanna waist my time. lol

bro with 6lbs test line and under all you really need is a big split shot...

luvdaoutdoors
09-26-2009, 06:46 PM
The trout are usually in the shallows between 6 to 10 ft. The best rig an egg sinker, 1/4 oz or lighter will do, with a 1 to 1 1/2 ft leader. chartruese, rainbow and orange powerbait or nightcrawlers dipped in garlic sauce are the top baits if your still fishing. Powerworms in the same colors and dipped are good too. Hope this helps you limit.