PDA

View Full Version : Twilight on the So-Cal

TShaffer
09-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Me and megafiher94 were gonna head out on our usual twilight trip on the Enterprise but the boat was broken down so we headed over to Pierpoint to get out on the So Cal. Had a great time out there it was very light load and the jackpot was between my PB sculpin and Megas PB sculpin. His won cause he caught it 5min before we had to leave. Anyway it was fun we fished sculpin most of the time and we were able to get some bass to which was fun. The deckhands were awesome. Most of our fish were caught on the Lucanus Jigs (even the bass!) but we also fished a little live bait and some plastics. All produced fish.

Totals:
TShaffer
Limit of Sculpin plus many released or used to fill limits
5 legal bass kept - 3 shorts released

Megafisher94
Limit of Sculpin plus many released or used to fill limits
4 legal bass kept - 3 shorts released

pokerface12
09-20-2009, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the report. I love fishing for sculpin because they taste soo good.

JapanRon
09-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi TShaffer,

Nice goin' on the twilight. Who was the skipper ? Ryan or Mitch on deck ?

I gotta admit .... I love the Sculpin ...... mostly as it doesn't take too long to figure out the 'color-of-the-day' and whack out a limit. Always a chance of adding #21 to my 'fish species caught in 09' list too !!

Thanks,

JapanRon

TShaffer
09-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Hi TShaffer,

Nice goin' on the twilight. Who was the skipper ? Ryan or Mitch on deck ?

I gotta admit .... I love the Sculpin ...... mostly as it doesn't take too long to figure out the 'color-of-the-day' and whack out a limit. Always a chance of adding #21 to my 'fish species caught in 09' list too !!

Thanks,

JapanRon

Not sure who the skipper was but sauce and rocky were the deckhands. The chart blams were the only thing catchin the bass yesterday besides anchovies. Only saw like three others come over the rail that weren't caught by me of megafisher.

TShaffer
09-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the report. I love fishing for sculpin because they taste soo good.

IMO Sculpin might be the best tasting fish out there. Flat out delicious.

boxl0bster
09-20-2009, 04:36 PM
good job man, i want to give those lucanus jigs a try but the price keeps me away haha. have any suggestions on size/color? thanks for the report. :Cool:

TShaffer
09-20-2009, 05:45 PM
good job man, i want to give those lucanus jigs a try but the price keeps me away haha. have any suggestions on size/color? thanks for the report. :Cool:

For me anyway they are the best for sculpin and rockfish. I also caught 2 legal sand bass on them yesterday while fishing for sculpin. My go to color is the Orange/White and I use the 7oz for deeper water and the 3 1/2oz for shallower water. The size of the lure itself isn't an issue either since I've caught fingerling sculpin on the 7oz.

victor101
09-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Nice to see the Twilight trips are still doing pretty good.

Good job with the lucanus jig... They make rockfishing fun. Ive pulled up some nice Reds on that thing.

murrieta angler
09-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Hmmmmm, orange/white!? I might head out Wednesday maybe i'll go pick up 1 or 2 and see if I can get lucky.....:Neutral:

TShaffer
09-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Hmmmmm, orange/white!? I might head out Wednesday maybe i'll go pick up 1 or 2 and see if I can get lucky.....:Neutral:

Good luck man. Once you see the results you won't regret it!

murrieta angler
09-25-2009, 04:34 PM
Picked up a 3 oz and a 5 1/4 oz but didnt use it since i went tuna fishing instead.