PDA

View Full Version : How do you fish a scampi?

Lightline
09-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Always seen guys use it on cattle boats. And Always looks weird to me, so i never bother until some one told me they are the best for sculpins.

Any truth to that? If so what color, size and how do you fish them dual curly tail things?

ghetto dad
09-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Always seen guys use it on cattle boats. And Always looks weird to me, so i never bother until some one told me they are the best for sculpins.

Any truth to that? If so what color, size and how do you fish them dual curly tail things?

for sculpin fishing....you really dont need to do much man....let it sit on the bottom, and slightly move it.....and yes...it is true that you WILL get bigger sculpin on a larger plastic tail..you WILL still get smaller ones tho...but your chances of the larger models are greatly increased with the plastic brother

GD

ghetto dad
09-19-2009, 10:14 PM
oh...sorry..didnt fully answer...

you can fish it one or two ways

1. With a larger bullet style leadhead, big enough to get to the bottom OR
2. I like to tie two dropper loops above the sinker on the bottom, and put a leadhead on each loop (with or without plastic)...the way you fish this way is once you KNOW you hit the bottom, SLACK off some more line so that BOTH leadheads/plastics are on the bottom...where the sculpin are..

GD