PDA

View Full Version : DVL Launch Ramp Photos 9/19

diamondbear
09-19-2009, 04:49 PM
http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt74/db_bucket_photos/IMG_0837.jpg I went bike riding completly around the lk. today to take pics of all the LOW POINTS and ISLANDS all around the lk. [ must have 20 pics to share ] but cant seem to post but 1 photo at a time , ha So I will show just the ramp work being done . It has finally started and I met David , the new guy in charge [ cool guy ] . Talking to Jesse Dinkins from the marina store he says concrete will be poured from the BOTTOM UP , makes sense . The yearly launch passes will be honored for ANY MONTHS OWED David says . I asked about low water after the ramp is finished and was told there working on the options to the MWD . WE might be able to launch before Feb. if we can put some water in the DVL . Iam kinda mad I can't share the LOW WATER LK. pics , but looking at these low spots ON SONAR kinda makes sense after seeing them in person . I think back on the spots T.O. showed me and areas were Ive done good trolling for trout and now its clear on where I can go into close to shore DEEP and get out again without to much trouble . The serious bass guys Iam sure have already takin advantage of this maybe once in a long time oppertunity . // db

diamondbear
09-19-2009, 04:50 PM
http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt74/db_bucket_photos/IMG_0877.jpg

diamondbear
09-19-2009, 04:51 PM
http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt74/db_bucket_photos/IMG_0841.jpg

bruce watson
09-19-2009, 08:45 PM
DB any chance of them putting in an escalator for us old farts? MEGAN, we need a favor.........

TrouTracker
09-20-2009, 01:32 AM
To Steve- Thanks for taking the time to share your launch ramp photos. It's eye candy to me! Now, you'll remember the great trolling lanes where you can get right up against the rocks without bottoming out. Hope you got your bimini top by now and I'll look forward to seeing you on the troll in a few months..........
Barry A. Ogawa

Troutman65
09-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the update pics. of the ramp DB.:Cool:

diamondbear
09-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Hey Barry , Does this bring back memories , BARRYS CORNER [ aka as T.Os corner ] the second pic is the bottom of the third cove going WEST for shore anglers , look at all the concrete and places to hide . Iam buying a binimi top for sure as Iam planning on many long hours trolling the DVL once it opens , ha . I'll catch the first big brown [ if there out there ] // db http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt74/db_bucket_photos/IMG_0866.jpg

diamondbear
09-20-2009, 03:19 PM
http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt74/db_bucket_photos/IMG_0876.jpg

troutdog
09-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Great pics DB, thanks for sharing....

TD

TroutOnly
09-29-2009, 06:42 PM
You will be first right after me steve,,,lol,,,,,that pic is t/o's corner barrys is right around the cirner from there heading towards trolly's floating palace,,,,,,,,man i cant hardly wait,,,,,,,,,,

GdHkSet1
10-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Steve, Barry
I'll be waiting for you guys to drive me the ramp so I can get my trailer..ha good times too come again at DV:)

diamondbear
10-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Good times to come again at the DVL , I just dug out my letter from the DVL Marina dated oct. 15, 08 and it says , In appreciation for your continued support and understanding , upon reopening of the ramp , the first week of resumed launch operations will be for annual , park and launch holders with no general public launches permitted . I have room for 2 on my boat [ females only please ] , lol /// db

IN2DEEP
10-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Hey Steve,
Great pictures and thanks for the updates.
I can't wait to get back out there myself!

Photobucket changed something a while back that made it difficult to copy the "IMG code" from multiple pictures that you paste when posting your pictures.

Here's what works for me:

-Left click on the picture that you want to post to open it up in full size.

-Left click on the IMG code, a yellow box will light up and say COPY, after that without moving the cursor away, right click on the same IMG code, when you get the drop down list, left click "copy" and this should be the correct IMG code.

-Paste the IMG code in your post and make sure that it has a different IMG code than the previous picture

-Repeat this for the next picture that you would like to post.

-Preview your post before submitting.

Hope this isn't too confusing and that it helps you. :Wink:

Scott

diamondbear
10-04-2009, 07:51 PM
thanks scott , I'll give it a try . // steve

TrouTracker
10-05-2009, 12:23 AM
To Vince/Steve- The "good old" days are ahead of us at the Jewel. There's more water on the way, which is fantastic news. I'm pretty sure that it's going to take over a year to get the lake close to where we've liked to before. I'm like you Vince, I really don't look forward to fetching my truck/trailor at the end of a hard day fishing. But, if we're doing that, we must be fishing in our own boats! BTW, we've got to name different parts of the lake with you guys in mind.

I'm dreaming of the days where we're all trolling on So Cal's Jewel. But, don't wake me up if I'm hooked on a 7 lb holdover fighting like a mad man.............
Barry A. Ogawa

HuskerRod
10-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Ramp update

They are laying concrete in roughly 10 x 10 foot squares-sort of like a checkerboard pattern. I think it will be done way before February, but maybe their is a long curing process, or it will take that long to have ample water to launch. Anyways, they are really doing a bnag up job in getting it done..quick.

diamondbear
10-05-2009, 04:07 PM
I was told that the concrete guys had 80 days to get it done [ do the math , but the water is coming ] It will be a little different thinking things out as how the fish will be using the lower water structers and I quess it'll depends on the time of year , water temps , is the water coming in hard , the lk. being stocked , or T.O. catching em all , ha // db

GdHkSet1
10-05-2009, 04:37 PM
I read in the local paper that the inland feeder is now flowing. Flowing where? lets here it you water dept dudes/gals...?

Steve, Barry last year I had received a Annual launch pass as a gift for fathers day, wonder if Dv will be able to prorate my next annual pass what ever that will cost$.. My 10 Y/O is looking fwd to screaming reels once again. Man that line is going to form the day prior to the re-opener, can't wait....

IN2DEEP
10-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Hey Steve,
Great pictures and thanks for the updates.
I can't wait to get back out there myself!

Photobucket changed something a while back that made it difficult to copy the "IMG code" from multiple pictures that you paste when posting your pictures.

Here's what works for me:

-Left click on the picture that you want to post to open it up in full size.

-Left click on the IMG code, a yellow box will light up and say COPY, after that without moving the cursor away, right click on the same IMG code, when you get the drop down list, left click "copy" and this should be the correct IMG code.

-Paste the IMG code in your post and make sure that it has a different IMG code than the previous picture

-Repeat this for the next picture that you would like to post.

-Preview your post before submitting.

Hope this isn't too confusing and that it helps you. :Wink:

Scott
Found this on another site in regards to copying the IMG code

"This is from the photobucket support:

We are sorry that you are currently experiencing issues with the one-click copy feature provided with your Photobucket account. Adobe recently released Adobe Flash Player Version 10. There were changes in that program to prevent problems with potentially dangerous content being added to your clipboard. Those changes interacted with the one-click copy feature provided by Photobucket.

Photobucket is actively working on a resolution for the issue and plans to have that available in the near future. In the interim, we ask that you use the copy feature provided through your operating system. You can do this by left clicking once over the code. Then, click your right mouse button and select Copy. You can also use the CNTRL-C command."

Pretty much the same as to what's been working for me
It should work for you
Scott

TrouTracker
10-06-2009, 12:38 AM
To Vince- Call down to the DV Marina office and speak with Dave Neitzke. I'm sure he'll work with you on pro-rating your annual pass. Also, they're having a special deal for the annual pass-holders one week prior to letting the general public in. But, you're right about the first week for the general public, it's going to be a gigantic zoo! I would think that there would be over 200 boat launches on the first Saturday. I'm sure the Domenigoni line will be back to Sanderson........
Barry A. Ogawa

pwynn
10-06-2009, 01:40 PM
well i dont have a year pass...so i will have to wait. i just want a figure on what the cost is going to be to fish? i fish usally 2x a week and if it is 35 bucks to get in i might have to head some place else, who knows...

HuskerRod
10-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Hey pwynn,

Im sure at first people will pay whatever it takes to get in with their boats. However, down the road when things have settled down it'll be a whole different ball game I'm sure.

IN2DEEP
10-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Does anyone have any info on the progress of the campground that they are "supposed :Rolls Eyes:" to build there?

diamondbear
10-11-2009, 01:02 PM
The campground is still IN THE PLANS but no date even close to when . The NEW launch ramp is about 1/3 poured and plans for opening are for feb. The MWD says it needs about 10 ft. of water to make this happen and theres already bass tournys being planned the MWD has something planned on bringing water in enough to launch a boat .

diamondbear
10-11-2009, 01:21 PM
The old yearly fees for launching and parking where $225.00 and the marina says there still working on the new fee coming with the opening of the new ramp, but the old fee was cost effective as using it 17 times it payed for itself . I use that lk. like 30 times yearly and DVL would probably be used more by boaters and shorefishers if the campground was finished as theres alot of longer distance fisherpeople out there thats willing to fish the JEWEL . // db

TrouTracker
10-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Was out with one of the Jewel's supervisors this past Sunday. As always, we talked about what's happening at the lake. Here's the good news, or should I say the great news:

1. The launch ramp construction is ahead of schedule. With only 3 weeks of construction, "Megan's" ramp is looking really good. The contractor is doing criss-cross pouring of cement, which has already reached the existing ramp. At this pace, we should be anticipating launching our boats way sooner then the Februrary date.
2. The first stocking of Mt. Lassen trout is scheduled for October 22nd. This is great news, as typically the first few stockings will have at least 5% of larger fish over 5 lbs. Also, for years TO and myself have given our suggestion to stock in different areas of the lake to give the trout a fair chance. This year, I'm sure they'll alternate spots for the stocking.
3. The DV Marina has a small striper promotion going on. If you catch a striper, bring it to the store and they'll fill you in on the details. It's not something huge, but at least there's a chance to win some prizes.
4. Looks like more water is on the way from either the Inland Feeder Project or Colorado River. This may coincide with the re-opening of the newly constructed launch ramps.
5. Annual pass holders will be re-issued new passes. They'll use the new one's until the time runs out.

Overall, it's great news on several fronts. My suggestion to all the hardcore trollers is to get your stuff ready. Let's see if we can't get back on the water just after Christmas!
Barry A. Ogawa

GdHkSet1
10-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the updates Barry. Look fwd on trollin again. Plant all fish on the west side. ha!

kewlwhip
10-15-2009, 08:23 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/chronicavenger/dvlrampwork.jpg
as of 10/14- almost a month

diamondbear
10-16-2009, 03:47 PM
I first fished DVL many years ago and met alot of FNNers without knowing how great this resevoir really was . Iam looking foward to seeing alot of old freinds and maybe some new ones . Good luck on the opening of the new ramp and just to keep an eye out for T.O.s red and white crestliner and don't get to close and you should do good , lol // db