PDA

View Full Version : Lobster Hoop Net Gear Changes

Saba Slayer
09-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Hi Guys,

The DFG is considering a change in the regulations for Lobster Hoop Net gear.

There will be two informational meetings and you can comment at that time: Tuesday Sept.22 at 7pm at the Outboard Boating Club at Shelter Island Boat Ramp facility, 2210 Shelter Island Drive in S.D.
Thursday Sept.24th at 6:30pm at the Upper Newport Bay Ecological Reserve, 600 Shellmaker Road in Newport Beach.

I am trying to contact the DFG and schedule another meeting that is closer for the LA and Ventura County guys. I'll post if something comes up!

If you are interested and want some more info here is the link to the DFG site with some pdf downloads...
http://www.fgc.ca.gov/regulations/new/2009/proposedregs09.asp#sf
Scroll down to the following and you'll get caught up on all the info.

Gear Restrictions - Salt Water Crustaceans (Hoop Nets)
Amend Section 29.80
Initial Statment of Reasons for Regulatory Action (.pdf format) Proposed Regulatory Language (.pdf format)
Spiny Lobsters (Lobster tailing)
Amend Section 29.90
Initial Statment of Reasons for Regulatory Action (.pdf format) Proposed Regulatory Language (.pdf format)

If you would like to contact the DFG commission before Oct. 1st which is the next meeting date and express how you feel and which proposal you like or if you have some alternate info to offer please do so. Here is the contact info...

California Fish and Game Commission
1416 Ninth Street
P.O. Box 944209
Sacramento, CA 94244-2090

Phone # (916) 653-4899

Fax # (916) 653-5040

E-Mail fgc@fgc.ca.gov

(Please include the subject of the regulations in the E-Mail subject line.)
Section 29.80, Title 14, CCR, Gear Restriction Option #1 or Option #2 (Lobster Hoop Nets)

LBSea
09-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Jim,
Is the main change adding a number to your buoys so that they can be idetified on the water as to whom they belong to? What about any changes regarding the use of Eclipes nets?

As usual, thanks for the heads up.

Doug

Saba Slayer
09-22-2009, 06:51 AM
Doug
Please try this link for the info you need. DFG site with some pdf downloads...
http://www.fgc.ca.gov/regulations/ne...dregs09.asp#sf

I think you are confusing the proposed commercial changes with the recreational guys.
Jim / Saba Slayer