PDA

View Full Version : Poor kitty :(

Sue
09-18-2009, 02:56 AM
One of my cats - Stealth - got spooked tonight and managed to go headfirst through my living room window. Unfortunately, the window was closed at the time.
He's in the hospital having his gaping neck wound stitched up and his baby sister is missing him like mad already, but he's coming home in the morning.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry - first the car, then losing my job, and now the expense of the cat and getting the window replaced.

Someone get me a beer........ :ROFL:

It's the grey one
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3334/3588317064_8e556146fb.jpg

Edit for update: Just talked to the vet, my baby boy is going to be fine and he's all stitched up but has 2 drains in him, poor little mite. Going to pick him up in 2 hours - have had zero sleep tonight!

Koshaw
09-18-2009, 05:32 AM
Well they say things come in threes......This just means you got a few great things coming your way Sue!

*hands you a case of beer*

=-)

PS Glad the cat is doing ok! I think someone on here handles glass. Maybe you can get an FNNer to do your window cheaply!

Troutman65
09-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Yikes Sue. Hope the kitty will be ok.

Sue
09-18-2009, 10:05 AM
I got him back home around 8am all stitched and bandaged up. He managed to pull the collar off they had on him, and pull out the drain tube in his leg. We just got back from the vets AGAIN!

Silly little sod!!

Granny Fish
09-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Sorry to hear about all your troubles lately. Glad Stealth is okay. Keep that cone collar on and he should heal up fine.

Sue
09-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Look at me! I did a silly thing and now I look even sillier!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2513/3931933571_a76cb53d03.jpg

Mummy has been quite worried, though and gets a little antsy every time I take my cone off! It's not my fault I've got a small neck and the cone irritates my stiches! :ROFL:

Troutman65
09-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Glad your kitty is home and ok.

I remember when my kitty had a cone on his head for like ( well I do not remember how long it was now ) but that first day was bad. The cat was going crazy with that cone on his head. Jummping all over the place all pissed off. I thought for sure he was going to hurt himself. I really did not think that the cone would stay on that long either. The cat tryed his best every day to get that darn cone off his head. He was so happy to get it off though. Sorry about the thread jack.:LOL::Wink:

Sue
09-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Glad your kitty is home and ok.

I remember when my kitty had a cone on his head for like ( well I do not remember how long it was now ) but that first day was bad. The cat was going crazy with that cone on his head. Jummping all over the place all pissed off. I thought for sure he was going to hurt himself. I really did not think that the cone would stay on that long either. The cat tryed his best every day to get that darn cone off his head. He was so happy to get it off though. Sorry about the thread jack.:LOL::Wink:

I ended up calling the vet again as he keeps taking it off - as long as I make sure the stitches are clean, he can keep the cone off - no point irritating his neck further or risking him tearing the stitches out by him trying to get it off.
They cut the drain tubes a lot shorter, so he can't easily bite at them.
Poor little bugger just wants to cuddle but it hurts his leg. I'm just glad he's ok - could have been SO much worse.

jim532
09-18-2009, 04:37 PM
part of the problem with cones is the animals can see as well as they'd like to with them on. I know some pet stores sell the transparent ones that the cat should be able to see through, maybe that will help.

Sue
09-18-2009, 04:40 PM
part of the problem with cones is the animals can see as well as they'd like to with them on. I know some pet stores sell the transparent ones that the cat should be able to see through, maybe that will help.

He has the transparent one (I have an awesome vet), but he's never worn a regular collar as he's an indoor cat so he's not used to having something around his neck. I'm surprised at how well he's tolerating the bandage!

2quikmotorwerks
09-18-2009, 04:43 PM
are you sure that you wernt fileting fish and you slip and cut your cats neck? we all know how you are with filet knives.lolollol:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Sue
09-18-2009, 04:49 PM
are you sure that you wernt fileting fish and you slip and cut your cats neck? we all know how you are with filet knives.lolollol:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Oh I should have known someone would come out with that one! LOL! I was too scared to even punch the rest of the glass out so covered it with lashings of cardboard and duct tape!

2quikmotorwerks
09-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Oh I should have known someone would come out with that one! LOL! I was too scared to even punch the rest of the glass out so covered it with lashings of cardboard and duct tape!just givin u a hard time, lol

troutdog
09-18-2009, 05:06 PM
What would Melvin do:???:

:ROFL:

TD

Sue
09-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Ugh! Last night, Stealth decided to chew out his stitches, so another trip to the animal hospital.
I went out at lunch today and when I got back, no sign of drainage tubes. Animal hospital said to bring him in.

They did x-rays to see if the tubes were still there or if he'd actually pulled them out. He'd just knocked off the ends of them so they took them out as he refuses to wear his cone - put it on, he takes it right off..

But wait.........what's this on the x-ray?? He's swallowed something at some point that could be a dime or a button. As we don't know WHEN he swallowed it or what it is........he's having surgery in the morning to get it out.

I literally have not slept since Wednesday because of him, he's like a child to me and he's only 18 months old - I can't get him put down because he's a stupid nitwit! He's MY stupid nitwit.

The nurses tonight when I went to kiss him goodbye were all "bet you weren't expecting that"..."oh, you're the one who's cat is here"...."this is gonna be a great story to tell the wife".
The doc said something about it being a tough couple of days with the cat........I explained about the last week.......he just gave me a hug!

But I must say, I am really looking forward to sleeping tonight, knowing that he's in hands more capable than mine and he is actually going to be ok.

Dumbass cat!

Troutman65
09-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Ugh! Last night, Stealth decided to chew out his stitches, so another trip to the animal hospital.
I went out at lunch today and when I got back, no sign of drainage tubes. Animal hospital said to bring him in.

They did x-rays to see if the tubes were still there or if he'd actually pulled them out. He'd just knocked off the ends of them so they took them out as he refuses to wear his cone - put it on, he takes it right off..

But wait.........what's this on the x-ray?? He's swallowed something at some point that could be a dime or a button. As we don't know WHEN he swallowed it or what it is........he's having surgery in the morning to get it out.

I literally have not slept since Wednesday because of him, he's like a child to me and he's only 18 months old - I can't get him put down because he's a stupid nitwit! He's MY stupid nitwit.

The nurses tonight when I went to kiss him goodbye were all "bet you weren't expecting that"..."oh, you're the one who's cat is here"...."this is gonna be a great story to tell the wife".
The doc said something about it being a tough couple of days with the cat........I explained about the last week.......he just gave me a hug!

But I must say, I am really looking forward to sleeping tonight, knowing that he's in hands more capable than mine and he is actually going to be ok.

Dumbass cat!

Sue, That is not good. I hope you have pet insurance. I hope you get some sleep and your kitty settles down.

vagabond
09-20-2009, 08:59 AM
hope stealth is doing better,and i hope he/she stays out of trouble..

Sue
09-20-2009, 07:59 PM
He had managed to somehow swallow a penny. I now have a $1500 penny in my purse - they saved it for me! :ROFL:
He's doing good, he's kept his latest cone on and is sleeeeeeeping for now, but he ate some food and gave me some loves but he looks at me like he hates me! :ROFL:

Silly little bugger..........I love him to bits. :Big Grin:

Oh, and if you have pets, and don't have pet insurance.......get it. These last few days cost me close to $3,000 - pet insurance will cover at least 80% of that.

smokehound
09-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Lmao. The great thing about cats, is they are tough little sob's.

They take horrible injuries like champs, and heal quick as hell. My cat actually got injured in a similar way, but she didnt get spooked into it. She tried to chase a cat outside, and went through the window. Good to know your kitty is okay.

Sue
09-21-2009, 11:18 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3536/3940874811_fd12a630eb.jpg

2quikmotorwerks
09-21-2009, 11:39 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3536/3940874811_fd12a630eb.jpgdoes he get great reception wonder if i can get the playboy channel with that dish,lol:ROFL::ROFL:

Sue
09-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Conehead has kept his cone on, but he can only see straight ahead and he walks funny so he can see where he's going. And he keeps bumping into things which cracks me up! :ROFL:

Ladyfish
09-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Sorry to hear about your baby's mishap but so relieved to hear everything is going to be okay!

Ladyfish

Sue
09-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Sorry to hear about your baby's mishap but so relieved to hear everything is going to be okay!

Ladyfish

He's doing just fine now, apart from the other night when I had to take him back to the hospital as he was puking everywhere.
Turns out he was constipated. $300 to be told my cat needed nothing more than a massive dump :ROFL: :ROFL:

Sue
10-01-2009, 09:15 PM
My baby boy is getting his stitches out tomorrow. He's a silly little bugger but he's MY silly little bugger!!!
He's doing good, and thanks everyone for all the love that's been sent his way. Daft cat! :ROFL:

Troutman65
10-01-2009, 09:29 PM
My baby boy is getting his stitches out tomorrow. He's a silly little bugger but he's MY silly little bugger!!!
He's doing good, and thanks everyone for all the love that's been sent his way. Daft cat! :ROFL:

Thats good news Sue.:Big Grin:

Sue
10-02-2009, 11:37 PM
And the FINAL EPISODE in Stealth the Cat's stupid adventures!

I took his cone off last night as he's been such a good buggerlugs, and he so did not want to get into the cat carrier today. He knows the *cat carrier means he's going to the hospital* these days :Sad:
Finally got him in and to the vet, the vet took his stitches out for free, even though he didn't have the surgery there! I love my vet!

He's home now, happy as a clam, fighting with his baby sister and macking down on food like he's not been fed in the last two weeks (oh wait, he's been handfed and made sure he's got enough food piled high he can get to it! :ROFL: )

Hopefully, this is the last of the adventures of the stupid grey furry purry.....donations are welcome! LOL! :ROFL: (I AM kidding!!!!)