PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Aqueduct cats, newbie gets his first....

Native Gal
09-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Hey fishn guys and gals,
Now that I am up in the High Desert until the end of the year I thought I would hit up the ol' fishn spots. Well I visited my ex neighbors and found out one of my friends had a bad accident four years ago but thankfully was o.k. So he had to retire early and was bored out of his mind, he has been camping alot lately and decided he wanted to get into fishing since there were alot of poles lying around in the garage. "Fishing you say", well I said I have my gear and I could use a local fishing buddy until I join my husband back East in March. So I fixed his gear and made a trek to the local Wal Mart for few basic supplies. Took him up to Lake Gregory several times since the beginning of the month to teach him the basics. He got on a few lil cats and was stoked.
So the last several weeks we made a few trips to the local Aqueduct also since it is close by, a few nibbles here and there but that was it. I told him Patience, patience when it comes to fishing. One night the DFG came around and we chatted for awhile, he didn't want his pix taken because he said he didn't like how his pixs came out, it was nice talking to him. So last night to cool down from the heat we decided to try a part of the duct in Hesperia and it paid off. My friend caught a nice cat and made my cat look like a lil guy. Wow, he was excited when his pole went major bendo, he said "what a rush" when it was over.
We soaked some N/C and had a number of hits, can't wait to get back out there again. The flow was very slight and the moss wasn't too bad. Enjoy the pixs. Some are of Lk Gregory and some of a few trips to the duct. His cat taped out at 22" and was a chunk, he said that my cat tasted better though, he and his wife and her family enjoyed the meal.
Tight lines all,
until next time c/ya

Native Gal
:Big Grin:

CAPT'N
09-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Nice ! Thanks for the pics and report.

Capt'n

Wingnut
09-17-2009, 09:28 PM
That's a fat Kitty! Very cool NG, glad to see you out there having fun fishing. Excellent report and tell Mike I said hello. :Cool: :Big Grin:

gavin310
09-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Right on! Good job getting your buddy out there fishing again. Looks like he refound his hobby to make his retirement more interesting.

One thing though, be careful with the metal fish stringers! I've had catfish bend the clamps and get off.

trail blazer
09-18-2009, 05:41 AM
Verry nice!
WTG Native girl , for putting your bud on fish:Big Grin:

Kevthecatfishstudent
09-23-2009, 01:52 PM
I think I was out there with you guys. I was fishing accross the way when I heard your friend's excitement. I yelled accross a congrads and he told me he had only been fishing a few weeks and I heard when you caught yours as well. Were you fishing on 7th? I been dedicating some time trying to learn to fish the duct and have managed only one fish but im learning it. Think I started too late in the year the fishing is dying down now. Good Luck and thanks for the report it motivates me to keep trying. "Fish until you catch!"

Troutman65
09-23-2009, 02:35 PM
I am not suer if anyone else noticed the Bald Eagle in the tree shot but I sure did.:Big Grin::Cool::Wink:

Nice report and that you helped out your friend to get back into fishing.

Congrats on the CATFISH.

Native Gal
09-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the replys gents, the duct has been good to me lately. About 4 days later after my friend got his cat I caught one that may have been a little bigger in a different area of the duct but could not get it out of the duct. Was with a ol' H.S. buddy who recently had back surgery and he couldn't get it out of the duct for me. So snapped my line and back into the water it went. The cats have been giving me good action still.
KEVINTHECATFISHSTUDENT : yeah that was us on the 7th. That fish scared the crap out of him it was funny, his biggest fish ever and he was pumped for the whole hour afterwards. It was fun though.
NG
:Big Grin:

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Congrats on all the feesh, layin waste to them fishies I see : )

I used to fish lake Gregory years ago, boy I use to put down the trout there and I got some pretty sizable kitties too…most ranged 3-5 lb but I landed a couple about 13 lbs there as well…

Nice pics, nice work.

Salute,
Gary