PDA

View Full Version : Today was a great day almost Double Digit

ToadsToadsOnly
09-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Today was a great day. It is funny how when you land a big fish at the heat of the moment the fish always seem larger than they really are I thought this fish was for sure close to 12lb. I did not have a scale on me so I took measurements with fishing line of the length and girth and used the formula (length x length x girth ÷ 1,200)(24 X 24 X 20/ 1200= 9.6 lbs. So no double digit for me yet this year.

Within the last month and a half or so I dumped 2 heartbreaker fish the first one I stuck on a shad pattern Rattle Trap and I was barely able to crank on em with 50lb braid. The fish went to jump before it got to the surface the hook pulled. Second I ran a Red Eye Shad Rattle over some structure, bumped the structure, let it drop, shook it twice got then got hammered, the fish instantly ran into structure and popped me off. Remember I am throwing 50Lb Braid. My heart sunk to the floor again.

Then today the I finally got redemption I chucked my spinner bait thick in the tulle’s about three cranks the fish slams my bait and goes airborne. As soon as I saw that my jaw dropped OMG I got a Toad! Fought him for a minute or so he came to the shore still hot I stepped in the water and lipped him. GYEA!!!!!!!!

What I started figuring was on Hot days = Big fish tight in structure. So I always pick the hotter days to hit the lake and hit the drop offs, trash cans in the water, and Tulle’s.

Go get em guys!

"You dont have to hold big fish out close to the camera to make them look big"

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/img1253243525725.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/img1253243526584.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/IMAGE_002.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/img1253243528103.jpg

Go Big or Go Home

Toads Or Bust!

Danny300
09-17-2009, 08:40 PM
YOU NEED MORE SWIRL BRO....i can still make that place out lol.....great fish there bro... congrats!

GeordyBass
09-17-2009, 08:51 PM
DO NOT GO BY THE MEASUREMENT THING MAN!!! IT'S INACCURATE AND WILL DIMINISH YOU FROM CATCHING A DD!!! That fish might be slightly over 10 eh?:Wink:

jbassc
09-17-2009, 09:03 PM
YOU NEED MORE SWIRL BRO....i can still make that place out lol.....great fish there bro... congrats!

Thats close to a double digit for shure good job on that fish jonathan,Hey daug try to take a little more time editing the pics.

a biley
09-17-2009, 09:07 PM
yeah that measurement thing is usually off by a good margin. I learned my lesson to never forget my scale.

I had time in between classes at CSULB so after going home to eat, I grabbed one rod only and whatever was attached to the rod. No extra hook/weight or anything. I casted for 20 minutes and land a HUGE fish. Easily over 5 lbs... but since I didn't have my scale, I hate overestimating so I'm only calling it a 5 lb even though it was significantly bigger than the 5 lb fish I caught weeks earlier.might have been 6 to 6 1/2.

With that said, your fish is LARGE! Easily over 8. Might be in the high 9 lb range

ToadsToadsOnly
09-17-2009, 09:10 PM
DO NOT GO BY THE MEASUREMENT THING MAN!!! IT'S INACCURATE AND WILL DIMINISH YOU FROM CATCHING A DD!!! That fish might be slightly over 10 eh?:Wink:

Ha ha yea.. Lets call it 11 lolz. But I didnt have a scale so I had to go by something right? I rather claim a catch from some type of measurment than just assuming it is bigger. They'll be more caught this year next time ill make sure I have a scale and make sure its 100% over 10.

ToadsToadsOnly
09-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Thats close to a double digit for shure good job on that fish jonathan,Hey daug try to take a little more time editing the pics.

Dont trip Carlos only the Regulars would know. And all the city park Lake's look pretty much the same if you take a pic from Ralph B, El Dorado, Tri city, Mile Square swirl out the background. Your guess would be just as good as mine.

troutdog
09-17-2009, 10:50 PM
WTG TTO!!!! Livin up to the screen name as usual...

TD

smokehound
09-18-2009, 02:45 AM
good lord. That thing could swallow my cat!

tacklejunkie
09-18-2009, 05:30 AM
Saweet! :Cool: Toad!

ondal
09-18-2009, 08:25 AM
couldn't you just have cropped the top of the pics? nice fish, btw.

zac_lobina
09-18-2009, 12:58 PM
at least now the poachers know there's still a biggun in that dirty ***** lake

AmBASSador
09-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Swirls = No confidence in your abilities. Only kittens do that... (P*ss%ie$) in other words. Nice fish though fresh!

ToadsToadsOnly
09-19-2009, 12:36 AM
yeah that measurement thing is usually off by a good margin. I learned my lesson to never forget my scale.

I had time in between classes at CSULB so after going home to eat, I grabbed one rod only and whatever was attached to the rod. No extra hook/weight or anything. I casted for 20 minutes and land a HUGE fish. Easily over 5 lbs... but since I didn't have my scale, I hate overestimating so I'm only calling it a 5 lb even though it was significantly bigger than the 5 lb fish I caught weeks earlier.might have been 6 to 6 1/2.

With that said, your fish is LARGE! Easily over 8. Might be in the high 9 lb range

Yea, a scale is a must and with the equasion you never know the exact weight. Lets keep it conservative and call it 8+. Like I said its fine I dont know the weight im just stoked everytime I catch a quality bass regardless if I get the weight or not.

WTG TTO!!!! Livin up to the screen name as usual...

TD

Thanks aaron, how have the fishing been treating you?

Swirls = No confidence in your abilities. Only kittens do that... (P*ss%ie$) in other words. Nice fish though fresh!

And the beat keeps drumming, Confidence in my abilities? Lol's go look at my previous post of the quality fish I catch. Thanks for attributing to the website with all 7 post oh 8 now since your response above. Where's your big bass reports? Hopefully we will see some real reports from you in the near future instead of talking smack.

"I'll start worrying when the haters stop hating."

ZplugJunkie
09-19-2009, 02:27 AM
SMALL! lol who says that? nice fish Vic

Liteliner
09-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Nice fish man. Looks DD to me man. Im goin out for a bit tomorrow myself.

J. Owen
09-19-2009, 09:42 PM
good deal man how you skrible out the back i like that smart thinkn

quietdiver
09-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Nice slab 8.6 / 9.6 / 10.6 ? who cares its still a quality fish, 50# braid I thought I was over the edge using 30#, but the big fish will really test your gear. I had a shot a goal last week only to watch in horror as my jig goes flying out of its mouth, on the jump....
again good job..
G

ToadsToadsOnly
09-21-2009, 03:18 AM
Nice slab 8.6 / 9.6 / 10.6 ? who cares its still a quality fish, 50# braid I thought I was over the edge using 30#, but the big fish will really test your gear. I had a shot a goal last week only to watch in horror as my jig goes flying out of its mouth, on the jump....
again good job..
G

again good job..
G

Thanks, I used to use 30 but when I am in thick structure or throwing Big Baits I like to use the larger line to have the confidence to drag the big boys out of the structure. Some advice never let big bass jump, use a higher ratio reel, when you feel the bass coming to the surface put your rod tip to the side, crank like heck, I also always try to put the wood to the big bass, the longer the fish is in the water the larger chance it has to shake the hook, do not play the fish if you have the heavier line sometimes when the bass are about to jump I even run back on the bank to keep the bass down. Try this out it works for me every time.

beaner
09-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Si es el pescado muy grande! Tambien!!!!!

ToadsToadsOnly
09-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Si es el pescado muy grande! Tambien!!!!!

Mucho Gracias Abel es el muy muy grande. Tambien way!

AmBASSador
09-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Yea, a scale is a must and with the equasion you never know the exact weight. Lets keep it conservative and call it 8+. Like I said its fine I dont know the weight im just stoked everytime I catch a quality bass regardless if I get the weight or not.

Thanks aaron, how have the fishing been treating you?

And the beat keeps drumming, Confidence in my abilities? Lol's go look at my previous post of the quality fish I catch. Thanks for attributing to the website with all 7 post oh 8 now since your response above. Where's your big bass reports? Hopefully we will see some real reports from you in the near future instead of talking smack.

"I'll start worrying when the haters stop hating."

Yeah I don't catch in big fish... Or maybe I don't post every fish in order to boost my own ego. Your right I am new to the sight; and haven't felt the need to post any yet. But I'll keep you picture in hopes of catching big fish like you cool guy. Or maybe I'll keep it in hopes to see you out on the lake and then we'll see whats what. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. But the truth tends to hurt.

ToadsToadsOnly
09-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah I don't catch in big fish... Or maybe I don't post every fish in order to boost my own ego. Your right I am new to the sight; and haven't felt the need to post any yet. But I'll keep you picture in hopes of catching big fish like you cool guy. Or maybe I'll keep it in hopes to see you out on the lake and then we'll see whats what. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. But the truth tends to hurt.

Yawn... Online banging is like the Special Olympics even if you win your still kind of dur dur. Make sure you keep my picture in your back pocket bro you know how I look. We'll see your future post to come good day sir.

beaner
09-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Dam Chinito no one likes you. It seems every time you post one of your big fish, someone has something to say about where did you catch it or your eggo (NoT a Typo) is to high,

You should tell everyone you are an extremely lucky chinito and that you always keep trebles in your takle box, in case the luck ain't there when you see a big fish.

CMC!!

I've gotten bigger ones on smaller trebles!!!!!!!!!

ToadsToadsOnly
09-22-2009, 03:39 AM
Dam Chinito no likes you. It seems every time you post one of your big fish, someone has something to say about where did you catch it or your eggo (NoT a Typo) is to high,

You should tell everyone you are an extremely lucky chinito and that you always keep trebles in your takle box, in case the luck ain't there when you see a big fish.

CMC!!

I've gotten bigger ones on smaller trebles!!!!!!!!!
lol's im going to change my name to nolove or dramaking. As far as trebsyou got it all wrong trebs are too hard I prefer gill nets like my for fathers. Where's my popcorn?

beaner
09-22-2009, 10:40 AM
yeah you know that no one really knows who you are, because if they did they would not be hating and slashing your name in to pieces.

Only If they knew!!!

Vman
09-22-2009, 01:01 PM
I went fishing 5 days straight right after you posted and have done pretty well. Caught some nice fish ( 5 -6 lbs) and one that busted off after 3 minutes that have me wondering how big ?

Your post let me know that they should be biting somewhere at my local pond.

ToadsToadsOnly
09-22-2009, 08:46 PM
I went fishing 5 days straight right after you posted and have done pretty well. Caught some nice fish ( 5 -6 lbs) and one that busted off after 3 minutes that have me wondering how big ?

Your post let me know that they should be biting somewhere at my local pond.

Sweet great to hear that bro 5-6 lbers are some great quality fish. A 3 minute fight is actually a really long fight for a bass it must of been a hog. You'll get em next time.