PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations for a newbie group looking for tuna?

pescado abajo
09-16-2009, 11:17 PM
So there's about 15-20 of us who want to go out for our first tuna run. We are all hearing about how great the bite has been, so we figured this would be a good time. We'd like to charter a boat for a full day trip w/ a crew who wouldn't mind dealing w/ a bunch of saltwater(some fishing in general) newbies who are looking for a good time and good chance to catch. I don't think any of us have salt gear, and maybe 5 of us have licenses. We're in So Cal, and are assuming we'd be heading out of San Diego. If you have any recommendations, please send me a link and a name if possible. We'd like to take the trip within the next two to three weeks.
Thanks for your help!!

cappo
09-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Well if you weren't a laker hater then people might help. jk
I would call the landings in SD to see what boats might be available.
The Orion out of Seaforth will probably be a good boat for your group.

fisherman from long beach
09-17-2009, 10:17 AM
So there's about 15-20 of us who want to go out for our first tuna run. We are all hearing about how great the bite has been, so we figured this would be a good time. We'd like to charter a boat for a full day trip w/ a crew who wouldn't mind dealing w/ a bunch of saltwater(some fishing in general) newbies who are looking for a good time and good chance to catch. I don't think any of us have salt gear, and maybe 5 of us have licenses. We're in So Cal, and are assuming we'd be heading out of San Diego. If you have any recommendations, please send me a link and a name if possible. We'd like to take the trip within the next two to three weeks.
Thanks for your help!!
i like you already:!!!::ROFL:

deanhall32
09-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Ditto with what Cappo said regarding the Orion.