PDA

View Full Version : PIZMO *****! Sept 12 late report.

Darius
09-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Hello all, real late report. Went on a sudden trip to the beautiful pizmo beach, one of my frequent summer destinations with my quads, familiy and friends. But not this time, just the truck my pops, my waders and my hot rod! The waves were strong, so strong i almost got knocked, heck my dad did get knocked down! We were only knee deep! On the side note, i do not reccomend going to pismo beach unless you have an all wheel drive or 4 wheel drive truck, i can almost gurantee you getting stuck especially with the winter high, high tides! most importantly, the fishing, the fishing was fun actually, first time surf fishing. I used 6 lb line, with sand color, sand worms i believe by berkely. I caught 1 fish, don't even know what i caught, but back in august my pops caught like 6+ 1 1/2lb fishys in within 1-2 hours! In the end, we didnt catch much, but it was a good experience, i'll be planning something closer, maybe by ventura. I'll keep you guys updated.

victor101
09-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Hello all, real late report. Went on a sudden trip to the beautiful pizmo beach, one of my frequent summer destinations with my quads, familiy and friends. But not this time, just the truck my pops, my waders and my hot rod! The waves were strong, so strong i almost got knocked, heck my dad did get knocked down! We were only knee deep! On the side note, i do not reccomend going to pismo beach unless you have an all wheel drive or 4 wheel drive truck, i can almost gurantee you getting stuck especially with the winter high, high tides! most importantly, the fishing, the fishing was fun actually, first time surf fishing. I used 6 lb line, with sand color, sand worms i believe by berkely. I caught 1 fish, don't even know what i caught, but back in august my pops caught like 6+ 1 1/2lb fishys in within 1-2 hours! In the end, we didnt catch much, but it was a good experience, i'll be planning something closer, maybe by ventura. I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks for the northern report! Ive been wanting to go on a road trip and catch some Redtail Surfperch...Surf fishing can get addictive...

Fisherman57
09-17-2009, 04:51 PM
I love fishing Pismo..... but you are correct, if you're gonna drive out on the beach, you better have the right vehicle.... I pulled a couple guys out of the sand on my last trip there.....

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/dana104.jpg

And........ the tide always seems to have a strong push & pull there, so ya gotta be on your toes.... or you'll get "washed" for sure.....

Some great fishing up there.......

Darius
09-17-2009, 07:08 PM
there we go, called sand perch, beautiful fish. Has any of you fished along the 101, thus ventura area? Pretty much the coast line along the 101 before pismo?

boxl0bster
09-17-2009, 09:36 PM
nice job out there! the last time i was there a few of my friends cars got stuck in the sand lol. definitely need all wheel drive to get out there and bring a chain or something in case you or anyone in your group gets stuck. lots of fun none the less. :Envious:

i saw a few people fishing but didnt see them catch anything. good to know that there's some decent fishing there. thanks for the report. :Cool:

** thats a sweet looking truck dana!

victor101
09-17-2009, 10:31 PM
there we go, called sand perch, beautiful fish. Has any of you fished along the 101, thus ventura area? Pretty much the coast line along the 101 before pismo?

Its surf perch...pretty much any beach in the Ventura area will hold some. You're using the right bait for them.

You can also try some sand crabs. Look for sand crab beds along the beach...The beds will look something like this.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/north430008.jpg

Dig in and you will find some sand crabs...I dont have a picture of what a sand crab looks like...I like using the ones that are about 3/4"-1" big.

this is what a barred surf perch looks like
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/north430015.jpg

Actually I guess i do have a pic of a sand crab...thats a sand crab on the fishing line...

Fisherman57
09-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Nice shot of the sand crab bed!
That sand crab looks like a commando on a rope line trying to get away from that BSP! :ROFL:

In addition to what Victor101 said above... look for the soft shelled sand crabs that are carrying eggs (roe)......

Here's a couple pics .......
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=14334

Darius
09-18-2009, 11:19 PM
thanks for the info! I cannot wait to go back to do some surf fishing, hopefully next time there will be some ladies in some mini bikinis, makes fishing better.

Wingnut
09-19-2009, 12:31 AM
Sounds like a very nice outing, looking forward to seeing more of your reports. :Cool:

Someday, the Godfather will take me to Pismo... :LOL:

Don't try this... Sand Crabs on the Lucky Craft, trust me... it doesn't work. :ROFL:

Why am I still awake... I have to be at the Surf Event in a few hours...

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut4/Wingnut5/Arthur013-5.jpg