PDA

View Full Version : BBL 11th late report.

Mr Bendo
09-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Well since pier fishing seems slow this year and I have a new summer spot to fish I've been fishing BBL lately. It's slow for the most part, I have been hooking up with trout . Mostly at night, on crawlers. Nice fish in the 2lb range. Have to work hard to get them!!!! On the 11th I got up early to fish the morning bite, well there was no bite! It got windy and the water was stirred up and green. So about 11 am I walk around a corner and try a slip bobber rig. Never tried this set up but I heard it works in the summer. I casted it out and set the depth at around 11- 13 ft deep. My bobber drifts to far, so I reel in and fish on!!!! Cool no skunk. Re casted out with a crawler for bait. As soon as my pole goes on my pole holder it is bent over with another fish! Yes I found them. Casted out with a little wait and "Bendo" fish on. I'm happy at this point because I tried something new and it got me fish when no one else is getting them, even the locals! Now for the sad news no more fish after that. I worked at it all day, got some bluegill no trout. Later in the night around 9:30pm I hooked a nice fish on a inflated crawler on the bottom. This fish was mad jumping all over the place and it was good size. It broke off! No more after that other than some bull head. Can't wait to the water turns over and the weather cools off. Till next time see you guys!!

Patrick aka Mr "Bendo"

Santa Fe Eric
09-17-2009, 01:12 AM
Nice post Mr. Bendo!
You fished from he early morning till 9:30 at night?
You da man!

Troutman65
09-17-2009, 04:02 AM
Nice going on the fish Patrick.

Thanks for the report.:Cool:

Mr Bendo
09-17-2009, 05:28 PM
I fished till 11:30 at night Eric!!!!

Santa Fe Eric
09-17-2009, 06:09 PM
I fished till 11:30 at night Eric!!!!

You Sir, are a Mad Man:Cool:

skunkmaster
09-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the report. I need to get back up there before too long.