PDA

View Full Version : The river one more time !

BULLDOGBOOGERS
09-16-2009, 05:09 PM
this coming friday...the boys & i are on the move to the colorado river...down in blythe,ca.......looking for those 'flatheads"....my last trip the bulldog got skunked..on the flats......but did hook me a D.D. bass......i will take off from mcintire camp ground......because they do have a good boat ramp......and fish for some bluegill in the back waters.....and then off into the big river.....we will fish all-night.....i sure hope to catch a flathead this trip.......i will take lots...of pic's.............

scott "aka" the bulldogboogers...from the "S.C.C.A." group !!

the last time they were in blythe..... the boys did good.....hope they can put the old bulldog on some flatheads. !!!!!

troutdog
09-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Good luck getting a "fat flat", have a safe trip and have fun!

TD

gavin310
09-16-2009, 09:00 PM
I'll hopefully see ya there BDB!! I have a feelin' we're gonna do good!

plumbertom
09-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Scott, try and get one like this:
http://www.abc15.com/content/news/southeastvalley/gilbert/story/Gilbert-man-now-has-one-monster-of-a-fish-story/dU3v5jwTl0mILvzihHADqw.cspx

Troutman65
09-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Good luck Scott. Looking forward to your report when you get back.

socalfish
09-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Good luck! looking foward to FAT report!!! safe trip.

BULLDOGBOOGERS
09-17-2009, 05:56 PM
THANKS GUYS.....the bulldog is locked & loaded......lookin for one of these flathead catfish.......but next week......i will be back out at the "vine".....fishun for a big blue.......

thanks again......scott from the s.c.c.a. group !!

gavin310
09-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Man... your setup looks slick BDB :Cool:

scca
02-24-2010, 07:39 AM
River is running high BDB. I'm heading out. Get locked and loaded !! 6 other boats coming out so it should be fun.

BULLDOGBOOGERS
02-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi dale,

yes it's about that time of year again, the team 57 & s.c.c.a. Bulldog ready to hit that colorado river. I'm going to be allot better prepared this year then i was last year. As you know last year was the first time that i always fished from my boat. It's a whole different ball game then fishing from the bank. To find that good structure i went out this past week and picked up a side imaging fish finder from the bass pro shop & last month i got me a bait tank with power bubbles from cabeals to keep my bluegills & tilapia alive a tad better.....nothing worse then catching bait fish and having them die on ya....in that 114 degree heat. O-well live & learn. I got a call from charlie from up north and he is ready to roll and jimmy is coming with him so add two more to the list, he asked me if we were still going to meet at the bass pro shop at 2:00 am like we always do ? I told him i would get back with him.

I will call you tonight i know your at work

scott "aka" the b.d.b.

BULLDOGBOOGERS
02-28-2010, 07:17 AM
well it's almost time folks, just counting the days now....till we are off to blythe & the colorado river.. i will be looking for my p/b on the mighty flathead. i had my new fish finder installed thursday & got my first batch of no roll sinkers in the mail... and if you don't have your rods in a rod holder......good by fishing rod........ask me i know !!....but that won't happen again !! if anybody is interested in going to the river this year......don't be shy...and send the old bulldog a p/m because you are more then welcome.

the B.D.B.

scca
02-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Looking real good BDB !! I just got the call from the SD guys. They will meet us down there. B and B bait is on board as well. So we should have some real nice bait. Bluegills are up too. You will put that bait tank to work !!! See you at the river..

Frenchy
02-28-2010, 01:20 PM
if your goin after big blues at the get there asap and fish the creek they are up there right not like crazy its flowing like crazy but the cats will be gone soon from the creek

scca
02-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the tip on the channel bite. We plan to hit it pretty hard next week.