PDA

View Full Version : Lobster limit question

kwest10
09-16-2009, 01:15 PM
If I'm on my buddys boat who does not have a lobster card and lic is 7 still the limit since I'm the only licensed fisherman? But if I give him 7 and get 7 more for me (14 total on the boat) is that OK? Or just tell the cheap bastard to get a lic and card. Or would just a lobster card be ok?

Ricky-Ray
09-16-2009, 01:30 PM
The way I'm reading the regs, every person on the boat must have a fishing license and ocean enhancement stamp and lobster card and gauge. Doesn't matter if he's not fishing for lobster. If he's on the boat and at least one person is doing it they they all have to have the license and gear.

ahhvtec
09-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Actually you can certainly give it to him but he doesn't have a license he will get a ginormous ticket! LOL. Sorry had to do it. Not only do you need a license and your buddy but you will also need a report card.

kwest10
09-16-2009, 06:07 PM
but I can GIVE them to whomever when I get home. Funny regs.
I'm well within regs. He needs to get licenses and a guage.
Anyone up for a kayak hoopmeet during the opener?

exfactor
09-16-2009, 10:06 PM
And "DO" plan on getting checked on opener!!! I wait a few days myself.

kwest10
09-17-2009, 10:06 AM
I might be doing it from a Ski-doo.

Ricky-Ray
09-17-2009, 11:33 AM
but I can GIVE them to whomever when I get home.

If there are any that you do not want please contact me for proper disposal. :ROFL::ROFL:

kwest10
09-17-2009, 07:39 PM
If there are any that you do not want please contact me for proper disposal. :ROFL::ROFL:

you're number 2148023948029385 in line. Everyone keeps asking when I"m going.
Can anyone give me an idea of just HOW nuts the opener is going to be? If I launch at 10PM Oct 2nd is that too late to set up?

fishfinder
09-28-2009, 08:13 PM
i have never done this. how many hoop nets should you have?

Ricky-Ray
09-28-2009, 11:56 PM
i have never done this. how many hoop nets should you have?

Section 29.80 of the DFG Handbook

(b) Baited hoop nets may be used to take spiny lobsters and all species of crabs. Between Point Arguello, Santa Barbara County, and the United States-Mexico border, not more than five baited hoop nets may be fshed by a person to take spiny lobster and crab, not to exceed a total of 10 baited hoop nets fished from any vessel.

If you've never done this before PLEASE read the DFG handbook. There's lot's of restrictions and rules on the take of spiny lobsters. Unless you like paying the fines when you get caught by DFG.

fishfinder
09-29-2009, 12:17 AM
thanks ricky,
i have been toying with the idea of trying it for the fun of it. God knows i could buy them cheaper.

fisherman from long beach
09-29-2009, 03:53 AM
thanks ricky,
i have been toying with the idea of trying it for the fun of it. God knows i could buy them cheaper.yeah but you miss the whole point of going and catching them yourself.i know i could easily go buy them,especially since your new you got to get hoop nets ,license, guage, rope, etc, etc.but its just the excitement of doing it.this is gonna be my first year and with any luck wont be my last.fisherman from,L.B

sonarbp
09-29-2009, 07:42 AM
And "DO" plan on getting checked on opener!!! I wait a few days myself.

If you are hooping all legit then you should not mind the DFG checking your catch!!!!! I myself am glad to see them out in force....only wish they were out there more often beside on the lobster opener.