PDA

View Full Version : Tuna on the chubasco 2 9/15

ztugs
09-15-2009, 09:06 PM
ok, woke up at 420. got on the road by 435. got down to the boat by 5. jumped on the boat and behold a load of only 9 guys today! got to love the chubasco. captn. ernie was on the boat then left a gave command to captn. trevor along with chad on deck and Patrick in the kitchen and manning the crows nest. we the picked up some bait consisting of horse dines and firecracker dines. perfect for the tuna.
left mb and itr was a bit choppy. let me say that i have never been sea sick in my enitre life, but for some reason today was the day. puked my guts out. felt better.
started trolling around the nine mile bank for nada then we found a patty. we picked off a couple of rat yellows and i caught a 4 ft blue shark. yay. kept moving. hit another couple of paddies for one nice dorado and thats it. found porpoise at like 11 in the morning. they were all spread out and freaked out. hit one more paddy. nada. found the porpoise again and game on!
we are following them when boom, jig strike, while trevor is yelling at chad to dump as much bait in the water as possible. trevor runs down next me throws a line in the water and boom, hookup. then 2 seconds later i hook up. this 15 ish lb tuna kicks my ***. i was using lighters gear so it took me a while to get it in. everyone catches at leat one yft. it was rad. we kept moving but the porpoise didnt wanna chill. we kept paddy hoping for some more yellers. i got one skippy on the troll and that was it for me but a fun day had by all. took a very long time to get back cuz we kept seeing boiling tuna.

the only problem was that i thought i was going to be back at 5
i had to be at work at 6
didnt get off the boat till 7
got yelled at by my boss at 8
but i still got my job.

the chubasco is the best boat in sd. best crew, no crowds. awesome.
only took one pick of my two tuna.
thanks for reading

deanhall32
09-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Yep. You were on the best 3/4 boat in SD. Great bunch of guys!! Enjoy the light crowds while they last...

Nice job gettin on the tuna

sansou
09-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Best kept secret in town!

Nice job on the tuna and welcome to the board.

murrieta angler
09-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Good job getting the tuna and better job keeping your JOB...:Big Grin:

russ88
09-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Wow 9 guys chasing tuna on 3/4 boat. Sign me up.... Thanks for the report.