PDA

View Full Version : Update on DVL Ramp 9/15

megan@lastchance
09-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Hey everyone went to board meeting in L.A. today and it is a done deal!!! They have actually started getting all the construction vehicles out at the lake, starting last week. Dan went there today, there are 2 tractors down on the ramp and more behind the marina. Looks like they have already started. I want to thank everyone for the support and for signing the petition. Like I've said before if we all come together its amazing what can happen. Also at the meeting Jeff (GM) dicussed how water will be coming in at the end of the month through the new pipeline. You should be able to hear what Jeff said if you go to mwdh2o.com, all the meetings are webcasted live and then archived but takes a couple of days to get on the website. Anyways, this is very exciting and can't wait to see things move along.

On another note, new shop is looking absolutely awesome, our dates are still the same October 7 and 8th. If anything changes will let you all know.
New address:
3356 Wentworth Dr. (halfway between old shop and walmart. right before railroad tracks if you coming from the shop)
same phone #

Keep you guys updated!

Megan

Fisherman57
09-15-2009, 08:12 PM
SWEET!

Thats great news Megan....... looking forward to your new shop!
See you soon!

Dana

HuskerRod
09-16-2009, 08:33 AM
I even see at DVL where they moved the ramps over about 50 yards to the west to make room for the extension project.

Hoorayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!1

ddoskocil
09-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Great work Megan! We all look foreward to hitting DVL again. Can't wait to see the new shop and finally spend some money on fishing again! Thanks to all those at last Chance for great info, tips, and gear.

El Weirdo
09-16-2009, 09:13 AM
You rock!!..

JigStop
09-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Megan: Where can you find more information about the new pipeline? Also, has there been any thought given to privately sponsored stockings? DVL has plenty of shad to support a walleye population and fishermen could actually target and catch these tasty fish.

ZplugJunkie
09-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Was at the lake yesturday and the first work day for the construction was yesturday. They just started to pull the bricks out and leveling the dirt. I think i heard they have 80 working days to get it done. =) can't wait to put the boat in the water!!!!!

kgselect
09-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Great news. Thanks for all of your effort Megan. Can't wait to get the boat back to DVL.

WetUrLine
09-16-2009, 11:56 PM
DVL here I come......My boat can be happy again.

megan@lastchance
09-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Jigstop: I believe info on the pipeline is on the mwdh2o.com. As far as additional stockings, that would be a question for dfg, I believe....not sure if Mike or Kyle is on this website?? If so could you help with that answer?

I know everyone also wants to know about the season passes, additional fees. I am trying to get that info and as soon as I get it I will post it.

Megan

TrouTracker
09-17-2009, 01:24 PM
To JS- I recently read the article on the newly constructed water pipeline that came through the San Bernardino mountain range. This pipeline was constructed pretty much for DVL. It's 19' in diameter at the largest portion of the concrete pipeline. But, the actual diameter that will actually move water is 12'. This difference is due to the concrete core needed for strength and holding capacity. The exciting part of this project is this: When the pipeline is turned on to full capacity, it can fill an Olympic size swimming pool in less then 30 seconds..........
Barry A. Ogawa

C&R Bassin
09-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Good news indeed....time to get the boat in order.