PDA

View Full Version : Mammoth Magic @ work

MammothMagic
09-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Had a wonderful trip to the Sierras with the fam and we absolutely hammered the fish. All fish were caught on my homemade bait which of course is for sale and all were released except a few for the BBQ. We started Sat. by gettin set up and fishin Gull lake I caught maybe 4 and they were all small probably a pound or less. The water temp was way to warm, fsh finder said 57 I like the water being a lot cooler then this. So Sun. we drove up to twin lakes in Mammoth. I like this lake in the summer because the big water fall seems to cool down an originate the water. The theory worked and I had well over 100 fish this day. “C & R with barbless hook of course” What was even better was the fact that I got all 3 of the Kids on fish 2 grandpas, an aunt, an uncle cousins, friends and most importantly we wife. I tell you what, I love catching fish but there is nothing like putin other people on fish especially family. Made My day!!! Mon. we were drivin home so we stayed local at silver. I hesitated with this move because of Gull but it was really the only way to get everyone out on the water before we all left. I set up at the rush creek outlet about 25 feet from both shores and went to work. By the time all the fam and friends had made it out the fishing had already come unglued. I was letting my 2 year old Koda real in the fish and I was letting him put them back in the water until we caught a real nice one and I threw it in the bucket. He didn't like that, he said swim daddy swim. Well from then on when I would catch a fish he would say swim daddy swim and when he would let it go he would say moooore fish daddy mooore fish. I hope the unreal fishing doesn't spoil him but just gets him hooked. You gotta give him one thing he has the conservation thing down pat. We had another great morning with everyone catching well over their limit and great quality fish they were, I would say 40% of them were over 2Lb and several over 3LB. Grandma even came out for a little bit and filled a stringer. Atta Girl Grandma!!! It’s not an exact count but I know I caught well over 50 fish in under 3 hours. Gotta Love it!!!! People ask “doesn’t it get old after catching so many fish” I reply “I don’t know what it is but when my rod tip flutters and I swing and connect it is heaven on earth for me, so NO it doesn’t get boring.”

Making the most of every day
and thanking GOD for
his amazing creations.

troutdog
09-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Nice batch of fish and a great post...welcome to the message board!

TD

Skaguy04
09-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Awesome report and awesome fish!
I still have yet to make my way up to the sierras!

smokinflies
09-15-2009, 07:04 PM
great first report.

welcome to the network.

diamondbear
09-15-2009, 07:52 PM
WAY TO GO , Cool family report. Welcome aboard.

fishin fool
09-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Hey fishinwild,
Please check your PM. I would like more info on the bait that you mentioned.
Thanks,
Fishin Fool

deanhall32
09-22-2009, 03:03 PM
That was a great report to read!! I can just hear your son telling you to release those fish!! Nice family and nice photos.

primo55
11-03-2009, 08:08 AM
nice catch,cool pics!!