PDA

View Full Version : Jenks Lake Sunday 9/13

Koshaw
09-15-2009, 05:52 AM
Got up there about 630am and it was rather cool, about 46F. Bout 6 other cars were in line waiting for the gate to open.

Got on the water about 7am (had stuff to haul/rig up). Looked like a pretty day with only a bit if wind. I went way past the bathrooms and that stump to just before the large tree towards the last benches. Between that big bush on the shore to the right and the large clump of weeds/tree on the left.

I started with a 1' flurocarbon leader and went up to 3' as the weeds were quite long. I used a slider sinker and a swivel on braided line and 4lb izorline with the 3lb maxima leader.

Managed to pull in 4 by just short of 12pm on garlic and salmon peach power bait. Farmed two (did not police my line after catching those others so lost them to abraision/knots that had to be retied).

There were lots of people there, some catching, some not. The stocking was on Thursday last week.

The fish were feisty for their size and I had a good time. There also was a 3-5lb bass swimming around the shoreline, as well as bunches of mallard ducks, various other birds, insects, squirrels etc.

My cell phone died so no pics sorry :(

I left as it was getting warmer and the bite died down (no one caught one in about an hour or so).

Hope you will join me next time!

Chuck

pineapple express
09-15-2009, 08:15 AM
hey chuck

sounds like a fun day in the mountains. jr & i love that lil lake or should i say pond...lol.
i love that place just to take in the beauty of just being around nature. all the birds,
squirrels, & other various animals.

mahaloz for sharing
PE

Koshaw
09-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Heya PE anytime! Glad you enjoyed the report bro.

We really gotta go fishing either salt or fresh man. Maybe we can hit Irvine or Jenks or somewhere together.

Take care

Chuck