PDA

View Full Version : Float tubing Fairmount

fishmounter
09-14-2009, 08:26 PM
This morning I drove around the lake on my way in to work and I saw a guy fishing from a float tube! I stopped and watched him briefly to see what he was fishing for, and also to see if anyone yelled at him to get out. He was just casting around an island with a jig or plastic bait. I've wanted to do this for a long time, but I thought it was illegal though I have never seen any signs that says you can't tube there. I'll bet tubing at night would give you a good shot for the larger bass.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
09-14-2009, 08:32 PM
This morning I drove around the lake on my way in to work and I saw a guy fishing from a float tube! I stopped and watched him briefly to see what he was fishing for, and also to see if anyone yelled at him to get out. He was just casting around an island with a jig or plastic bait. I've wanted to do this for a long time, but I thought it was illegal though I have never seen any signs that says you can't tube there. I'll bet tubing at night would give you a good shot for the larger bass.

funny thing bro i just came from there and i seen a dinghy out there with 3 guys...i heard you need a speacial permit if so i will be trying to get one all i need now is a boat..hmmm...lol

ps go for it mounter whats the worst thats gonna happen you get carp herpies..lol

LunkerLover
09-14-2009, 10:33 PM
Man! I've wanted to tube that thing SO bad since I started fishing it in 2006. I would LOVE to slay the largies around those virtually untouched islands. I've been told there's a MAJOR point and drop-off @ the west end of the northen-most island.

BGH: The permit for the boat is only $5 a month!! You can hand-launch an aluminum boat ANYTIME for free after you get that sticker. I got my 13' aluminum off Craigslist for $150 !!!

tacklejunkie
09-15-2009, 07:32 AM
That'd be fun to have a downhill presentation on those fish for once.
"Hey look at me I'm coming out of the roots like a real bait would now!" :LOL:
Seen a few tin cans out there before.

smokinflies
09-15-2009, 10:10 AM
...BGH: The permit for the boat is only $5 a month!! You can hand-launch an aluminum boat ANYTIME for free after you get that sticker. I got my 13' aluminum off Craigslist for $150 !!!

where do you get the launching permits?

WARRIORMIKE
09-15-2009, 11:10 AM
where do you get the launching permits?

City or county of riverside.

You need a permit with the tube also!

The Angler
09-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Sweet if ya'll ever get a silver bullet out there dont forget to invite:Wink:

fishmounter
09-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Warriormike....Will the city let you FT at Fairmount? Do you know this as fact? I guess I can call the Parks Dept and ask.

smokinflies
09-15-2009, 06:27 PM
City or county of riverside.

You need a permit with the tube also!

so i go to city hall?

got any more info?

WARRIORMIKE
09-15-2009, 08:18 PM
My understanding is as long as you obtain a permit you should be good to! :Razz:

smokehound
09-16-2009, 04:06 AM
thats awesome just 5 bucks a month

fishmounter
09-16-2009, 06:58 PM
I called the Parks & Recreation Dept and asked about float tubing at the park and I was told that NO INFLATABLES are allowed. Also NO WADING or swimming. So that pretty much takes care of that subject!

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
09-16-2009, 08:09 PM
i called the parks & recreation dept and asked about float tubing at the park and i was told that no inflatables are allowed. Also no wading or swimming. So that pretty much takes care of that subject!

what about boats or paddle boats???

WARRIORMIKE
09-16-2009, 08:24 PM
I called the Parks & Recreation Dept and asked about float tubing at the park and I was told that NO INFLATABLES are allowed. Also NO WADING or swimming. So that pretty much takes care of that subject!

Last year when I was fishing fairmont a lot, ran into a park ranger,he said as long as you have a permit your good to go??:Confused:

LunkerLover
09-17-2009, 03:52 PM

yup. That's what I was told when I called on Tuesday :Sad: .... BGH - paddle boats are okay :LOL:

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
09-17-2009, 04:02 PM
yup. That's what I was told when I called on Tuesday :Sad: .... BGH - paddle boats are okay :LOL:

:Spank: gonna paddle some bass ***..