PDA

View Full Version : castaic W/the fam

FINSMACKDOWN
09-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Headed to Castaic on sunday morning. Got to the lake around 9:45. This was my Fam's first time on the new boat, we had a blast!trolled around for about 40 mins for no bites.(i must be doing somthing wrong still) the kids got bored and just wanted to drive around FAST! We ended up in a big cove just past the launch ramp. There was Shad everywhere. We casted some spoons for a while for NADA, when all of the sudden BOILS, WOOHOO! You know when you see the first Boil of the day and go into the zone:Twisted: you turn into a boil searchin machine!So i told my wife " you drive and Ill hook the kids up on the KpN top water" sounds good right? RIIIIIIIIIGHT.:ROFL: This was a COMEDY of ERRORS........Babe there they are,hard right ,full throtle,:EyePop: no a little left, ok put it in neutral!!! CAST,,,,,,,HOOOOOKUP! Lost the first fish as the boat was idleing and not in neutral, some how it endedup shaking out oh the water a couple times on the othe side of the boat next to us and getting off:Angry: We narrowed it down and the kids landed a couple. by the end of the day they were seeing the boils before me.

scvbasser
09-14-2009, 10:02 PM
good job on geting the kids on some fish.smiles says it all.thanx for the report

vagabond
09-15-2009, 10:08 AM
yeah! nice to see the big smiles on the kids...the best fishing buddys youll ever have..

kpn
09-15-2009, 11:44 AM
FINSMACKDOWN JR & spouse in training to chase striper boils :LOL:. Great job to take your family out and put your kids on fish Jason.....I'm so proud of you :Wink:.

Khanh aka KPN.

Fire Ball
09-15-2009, 04:33 PM
What does the KPN top water look like and where can I get one? I might want to buy one if they work well.

FINSMACKDOWN
09-15-2009, 05:54 PM
The KpN top water looks like a Zara Spook, it is heavier and casts farther though. They are hand made out of Cedar and painted the old school way by Khanh (KpN) you can PM him on this site,look him up online at KPNtackle or buy them at Gallions in Castaic or at Bob Sands. I personally Own at least 1 of all his fresh water lures. As for the top water i have been using the Skinny model.
What does the KPN top water look like and where can I get one? I might want to buy one if they work well.
Thanks for writing guys