PDA

View Full Version : Fishing with Dan "Lowe in Castaic"

fishinone
09-13-2009, 09:07 PM
I met Dan up at the West Ramp this afternoon to help him work out the troll on the "Lowe Boat". We started out trolling west at Kong Island. Dan's Lowe runs really well. I brought my hand held GPS and we were able to dial in the "magic speed" or there about.

We had a slow pick on Mr Stripey, picking up one fish here and one fish there. We weren't picking up more fish today, going back through the spots where we caught fish. I guess they were on the move.

We had a few fish stealing tackle instead of getting hooked up. We made some adjustments to the setup then pulled up stakes and moved to the fish arm.

I was expecting great things when we picked up this double. This was an exciting stop. Dan's drag was peeling. We knew that we had a little bit more fish than we had been getting. We figured the big one was a little over 3 lb.

Here's Dan with the big fish of the day honors.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Fishing%20with%20Dan%2009-13-09/0913091804a.jpg

We still didn't pick up fish going back through. the area.

At the end of the day we saw a boil out in the middle of the fish arm. There were seagulls diving and even a blue heron feeding in this boil in the middle of the lake. They went down before we could get there but we trolled through the area marking lots of fish up high, then circled back through it to pick up our last fish of the day.

We ended up with 8 fish. Dan was happy but I had hoped to put a few more fish in the "Lowe Boat".

Here's a cooler shot.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Fishing%20with%20Dan%2009-13-09/0913091915.jpg

TroutOnly
09-13-2009, 09:30 PM
WAY TO KILL BOYS, DAN-THE -STRIPER-KILLING-MAN,,,,,,,YOU TOO RON ,,,,,,,,,,t/o

vagabond
09-13-2009, 10:27 PM
good going guys,still pretty decent

fishinone
09-14-2009, 08:29 AM
WAY TO KILL BOYS, DAN-THE -STRIPER-KILLING-MAN,,,,,,,YOU TOO RON ,,,,,,,,,,t/o

Your right it was Dan. He schooled me. He caught the most fish and the biggest fish.

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-14-2009, 10:10 AM
keel them............keel them dead....I've been releasing them by the groves and thats not good..........keeeeel them DEAD !

nice job

fishinone
09-14-2009, 01:30 PM
keel them............keel them dead....I've been releasing them by the groves and thats not good..........keeeeel them DEAD !

nice job

Gary,

If you don't want the striper', just fillet them vacuum bag them and freeze them and I'll pick them up!

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-14-2009, 01:42 PM
I can beer batter and cook them b4 I vacum pack, date and label them as well, please store in chronological order though : )

fishinone
09-14-2009, 01:57 PM
I can beer batter and cook them b4 I vacum pack, date and label them as well, please store in chronological order though : )

OK, that will be fine!

Thanks Gary.