PDA

View Full Version : No Love On The Center Lake (Legg Lake Report 9/13)

smokinflies
09-13-2009, 08:56 PM
i decided to go legg lake today to do a little catching. i got there at around 8am and decided to fish the center lake since i haven't fished it in a long while. it seemed like it was gonna be a killer day today with the cool weather and overcast skies. well, it was totally the opposite of what i thought.

i started my mission at the jetty and worked my way down the south shoreline to the bridge with no catches, bites, or bumps. i ran into tonylisa at the bridge (cool meeting you and your little lady again). i fished the bridge area for a while and still couldn't catch anything. i noticed that there were a few baby bass hugging the shoreline, so i pulled my bait along the shoreline to see if they follow it. they were nibbling on my bait, which i thought was a good sign, but it wasn't. i practically toss out every worm i had, and no hits. tonylisa said he caught one or two(don't remember) by the spillway, so i made my way over there while covering the shoreline and still nothing. i did catch a view of this bass chasing a smaller fish which was cool but nothing more. making my way around the lake, i tried fishing the north shoreline but it was crowded with anglers fishing the tulies. so headed to that cement slide thing that kids play on and tried there. got a few hits from the bluegills, but no bass. damn!!!

next i headed to the cove with the double pipes and seen tons of fry swimming the topwater but no catches. i jump to the north lake and fished the south shoreline while making my way east to the parking lot with no luck at all. i did see one guy pull out a bass(caught with worm) by the double pipes but it was tiny. i ended the day chillin' with larry for awhile before leaving with the dodo cruse( j/k dodo)

one more thing, i noticed that the weeds are starting to choke the shoreline on the center lake/north shoreline and some of the south shoreline. just a heads up for those who rarely fish the lakes.

i'm gonna try to head out there again tomorrow and test my luck on the north lake. hopefully i do better than today.

thanx for reading.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
09-13-2009, 10:50 PM
no worries rude dogg, skunx don't last forever but the dodo curse thats something entirely different..lol..