PDA

View Full Version : 9/12 Castaic good until.... 1k later

kewlwhip
09-13-2009, 07:38 PM
soooo...

Me and a buddy went to Castaic- got there at 530am with a small line... did ok on the troll, we got a few hits here and there, but got one good one down near the middle- go figure again :)

line peeled for at least 7 seconds on a very firm drag... while fighting to take rod outta holder, the fish popped- i reeled in to see that Mr Stripey rippped my lure off- there goes one of my favs, poop.

trolled and trolled, came up on 7 2-4lbrs. By midday it was getting somemwhat hot...i asked my buddy to drive the boat for a bit...Best part...while we were crossing west side all the way to the east side (where buoys are) somehow he didnt see this coming, and i was trying to tie my shoe lace, due to the hot bit we had few minutes before..shoelace's ripping off lol...just then a wave tapped the side of the boat, and the steering ripped out of his hand, turning the boat quickly right, and 1/2 on its side...i instantly flipped outta the boat, and kicking a few things on the way out. before i knew it i was head over heals and flipped over under water...@#$^%@ instinctively i swam under for a few seconds, and popped back up... i heard a "bbzzzzz swirl sound above my head (it was the props)....I said "wtheck happend?" and muffled sounds, i see my buddy pointing to the side, but didnt know what he was saying, (ears filled w/ water) There was a blue bayliner with two guys that came up immediately to me as well (thanks a bunch, nothing like a good dink in the lake after some hot fishing.. uh lol)... i swam to the side of the boat, and i couldnt get myself up (soaking wet jeans, socks/shoes,ls shirt and more....) finallly got up...in the boat from sure...shaking my head...my friend was truly sorry...but accidents do happen...i wring my gear up (had some dry clothes in my tackle-thankfully)...i looked around..i said "where are my two rods?" he said "i was telling you they were right beside you...they were slowly sinking about 5 ft away from you.." i said, great, with a bunch of not so friendly words.

well after all that, i had 1 rod left...after trying to shake that bad accident (never have i been dunked in the water..lol-or tossed) from my head, we ended the day on a nice little boil.

on the way home, while i was knocked out from all that drama...i woke up next to BPS...my buddy goes, kewly, i am buying one of your rodes back for you...

in short

14 stripeys 2-4lbrs
1 huge hit

-2 rods/reel combos (about $500)
-1 Blackberry bold (about $500)
-1 kpn lure

-thankful noone was hurt, namely me- thank the man above.

all the parts are replaceable, but being here w/out a scratch...actually i think 1 or 2 of my rods left their marks on my arm/ankle.

ps- if anyone hooks up a 1) okuma 7'7" rod/penn 320 or a Daiwa 7'7"/abu garcia 6000 combo...please let me know- i'll gladly give ya some $$$ in return! lol-
Ok Castaic monsters- please payback kewly with some DD's lol

til nextime

kewly-

PS thanks to the girls in the ski boat giving me a towel! ;)

Fishthewhaler
09-13-2009, 08:15 PM
was that a rental, those v hull aluminum with tiller are notorius for that. My buddy did same thing in newport harbor, only the boat kepr doing doughnuts with noone in it. sheriff rescued them and lassoed the prop. he lost his gear as well. sorry to hear what happened. At least you got payback on stripey!
FTW

kewlwhip
09-13-2009, 08:20 PM
yes it was, thanks FTW- $tripeys cost alot that day! lol :Wink:

fishinone
09-13-2009, 08:31 PM
That's scary stuff.

I'm glad your OK.

Nice catch.

TroutOnly
09-13-2009, 09:34 PM
KOOLY YOURE SUPPOSED TO USE YOURE SELF FOR BAIT, YOURE TOO FAT FOR MR STRIPEY TO SWALLOW YOU,,,,,,,,t/o

vagabond
09-13-2009, 10:05 PM
sounds like a bad dream,sorry you lost your gear.easy come easy go...it would
be worst if you got skunked..

Liteweight
09-14-2009, 03:35 AM
Really sorry to hear about losing all that stuff! :Sad:

Even more relieved to hear you didn't sustain any injuries thought. :Smile:

LW

GeordyBass
09-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Hey gear lost is better than life lost,,, Great that you are well and healthy bro,,,

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-14-2009, 03:21 PM
OUCH !...at least your ok...gear can be replaced but your skull cant....you caught fish and survived Mr Toads wild ride, I'd say you came out ok...it could have beenn way worse....

Glad everything turned out ok bodily injury wise...

Congrats on the feesh !

fishntime
09-14-2009, 06:15 PM
I havent had anything like that happen to me yet, and hope it never does. At least your buddy was kind enough to buy you a new outfit. Better days!

BigBassFrank
09-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Kewly,

Any day you come off the water in one piece, is a good day!

Glad you made it out in one piece!

BBF

Santa Fe Eric
09-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Thank God that prop didn't give you a haircut.

Excuse to buy new gear?

FINSMACKDOWN
09-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Glad you are OK bro. it only takes a split second huh. I got an idea, take it out on some more Stripey:LOL:

karlow
09-14-2009, 10:22 PM
That is some way scary sh@t!
I fell off a yak once lucky my rod landed in the boat!
Tippy little beast it only took a second!
Just remember guys never get out of the boat!
Never get out of the boat. Don't get out of the boat!
Hell I might have to start waring floaties!
You might want to try a brain bucket1 as well!
It's called fishing, not diving or swimming, or scuba.
There is no free diving for stripes allowed in Castic!
Was that a no swimming area?
This is very bad, all that heavy metal pollution from dumping
that quality fishing gear.
Do you have a fishing gear lake dumping permit?
Boy, we may have to turn you in to the EPA.

Just a thought.
Be safe, or stay home!

KP

kewlwhip
09-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Aww, thanks everyone, can feel tha FNN luuuv! gear can always be replaced...already shopping lolz :Wink:

You guys make me laugh- T.O., feelthesteel, kp lol and the rest! Now if someone caught that on video...i'd chuckle a bit...until i saw my own gear fallin to the castaic deep-

hey kpn..EPA huh?

Hey Uncle B- thanks always...meant alot!

stripeys will get some serious payback for a bit...BLoooooooooOOOooooOoDDD!!

kpn
09-15-2009, 12:12 PM
soooo...

in short

14 stripeys 2-4lbrs
1 huge hit

-2 rods/reel combos (about $500)
-1 Blackberry bold (about $500)
-1 kpn lure = Priceless :ROFL:.

-thankful noone was hurt, namely me- thank the man above.

til nextime

kewly-

Thanks God you're OK bro.
Now, go kill some more stripers......Revenge!

Khanh aka kpn.

Beeracuda211
09-15-2009, 07:57 PM
GLad your okay man, KOOLY Went off the deeeeep end!!! T/O been showing you those tricks??LOL

Wingnut
09-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Damn Kewly, we need to get you some seat belts and floaties next time. :Big Smile: See ya soon bro. :Cool:

kewlwhip
09-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Thanks God you're OK bro
Now, go kill some more stripers......Revenge!

Khanh aka kpn. serious khanh i wish i had that lure yesterday with T.O.- You should get some on that slayfest machine-

GLad your okay man, KOOLY Went off the deeeeep end!!! T/O been showing you those tricks??LOL lol- hey that was some freeeeaky stuff- I pretty much catapulted as if i were on a sideways diving board- TO does it cleanly- by walking off the edge- oh yeah, i almost kicked the boat away, and he almost fell in at the end of the day-lol
this day: http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=38232

Damn Kewly, we need to get you some seat belts and floaties next time. :Big Smile: See ya soon bro. :Cool: Hey Wingnut- right after i handed the phone over from speaking to you, i spotted BOILS lol--- deer luck! Ya- soon, i got some hali spots manggg!! to told me the stories of the guys on shore..you guys are funny man- lolz see ya soon!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-pictures-screaming-cat-has-floaties-water-boat.jpg

DENEK
09-16-2009, 09:00 AM
Don't you know you're supposed to keep your rods out of the water if you fall in? lol Didn't I teach you anything? lol
Glad you're ok.
Let's get you on some salt water bass.
Call me.

kewlwhip
09-17-2009, 09:06 PM
lolzz...
hey, show a salty pic-