PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a beef jerky recipe?

trollmiester
09-13-2009, 07:36 PM
I want to make it in the oven with not a bunch of ingredients.I have london broil. thanx

GeordyBass
09-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Look in foodnetwork.net on "good eats" recipes.... Look for Beef Jerky recipes, you'll find a cool way to make jerky... I don't remember exactly, but he stacks about 6 or 7 Central heating/air conditoning system filters with pieces of beef lined in between them, then one of those Square Fans on top dehydrating them really cool recipe,,, good luck Uncle Chrissy,,,lol,,,

Troutman65
09-13-2009, 11:44 PM
London Broil works . You want to put in in the freezer for a while to get the cut of meat really cold. This helps when slicing the meat thin. You can then marinate the thin strips of meat in Soy Vay very teriyaki sauce. Very tasty. I like just plain Blk pepper on it too. Not sure of what temp. you should have your oven at. You can look that up on some cooking web site. The food dehydrators work really well in making beef jerky. Much better than what I have tasted that comes out of the oven. Good luck Chris.:Big Grin:

BIGRED KILLA
09-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Cut up some meal worms and add some fire ants for some texas spice.

Bigred

CAPT'N
09-14-2009, 07:46 AM
Trolly,

take 1 bottle of Ralphs terriaki, 1 bottle of Ralphs Soy Sauce, 1 TBL FRESH ground black pepper. Add or subtract pepper for zing, hot pepper flakes if desired.

Cut the meat cross grain, soak 30 minutes in liquid, lay out on sheet, sprinkle black pepper on meat.

Cant give you temp, and time as I use a dehydrator.

Capt'n

GeordyBass
09-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIK4DVLHf7Y&feature=PlayList&p=7332A82DE775DD02&index=0&playnext=1

part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfI0NKl-Kq0&feature=PlayList&p=7332A82DE775DD02&index=1

Troutman65
09-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Chris, You make some beef jerky ? Update ? :LOL::Wink:

syiamonster
09-15-2009, 05:22 PM
just mix up some soy sauce, sugar, grated ginger, and red pepper flakes, the more the better =)

And I usually use the dehydrator, but let me know how it comes out in the oven...

Sparky70
10-09-2009, 05:22 PM
I use Soy-Vey, Teriaki sauce, Brown Sugar, Garlic (minced), and some Lemon Pepper, soak in Fridg. over night remove, pat dry, put in Dehydrator for 9 hours. Remove and Hog out!:EyePop::EyePop::EyePop:

NoHo ART
10-09-2009, 06:11 PM
oh man your just making it to easy :ROFL::Secret:

Hometown
10-09-2009, 06:31 PM
just mix up some soy sauce, sugar, grated ginger, and red pepper flakes, the more the better =)

and i usually use the dehydrator, but let me know how it comes out in the oven...

i also add a couple of tbl spoons of housin sauce it works beller in the oven if you use a cookie cooler rack so the meat wont sit in own juice so it will dry quicker and i forgot i like course black pepper instead of the red sometimes good luck :hometown:

pappi
12-10-2009, 08:11 PM
get some buffalo from trader joes, and add lemon pepper, or habonaro or garlic and onion salt.

Granny Fish
12-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Pretty basic... recipes already given... oven temp should be set at the lowest temperture until your jerky is completely dry.

STEVE IN SOCAL
12-11-2009, 09:05 AM
I've made lots of jerky, but this is my latest trick.
Use your basic salt,brown sugar and water marinade. Now add Marsala wine.
Marinate overnite...I use my Cookshack Fast Eddy smoker to dry.
Here's the kicker...after meat is dried, heat and mix 2 parts dark corn syrup, one part water, one part Marsala wine. Soak dried meat in this for about 15 minutes, then put on a rack to redry. This gives it that sweet glaze. You can also sprinkle red pepper flakes on at this time if you like a kick.

The Marsala wine also works for smoked fish...

Jingow
12-13-2009, 12:47 PM
I make alot of jerky. I used to brine and all that stuff. Then I found this product called "High Mountain" jerky cure and spice. It has a cure so your jerky has a long shelf life. The thing I like about it is once you cured the meat you can dry it in your oven for 1 1/4 hour to final product. It's simple good and fairly fast. Jim

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
12-18-2009, 05:55 PM
A good temp is 150 to 160 degrees, pending how thin you slice the meat will determine how long you dry it.
I just made some elk jerky, sliced 1/4 in. thick, marinated in a spicey teriyaki sauce for 3 days, set my dehydrator at 160 degrees and let dry for 4.5 hours. It came out so great, too bad you're there and I'm here :P
Dehydrators aren't that expensive if you want to make jerky or dry fruits and veggies. I got my new dehydrator on ebay, a good 700 watt Nesco with 5 trays included for $58.00 with free shipping, and 6 more trays that fits this model dehydrator for $46. Way cheaper than buying those at Bass Pro or Cabelas. Those are going for $170 not including the extra trays.
Now all I can think of is my jerky, gonna go have some now !
TTFM