PDA

View Full Version : Plastics to donate.

Bassnman Mike
09-13-2009, 06:41 PM
I was cleaning out my fishing room, yes I purchased a 4 bedroom house so I could have a room dedicated to my passion, fishing. As it turns out I have quite a bit of bass tackle, mostly soft plastics, that I no longer need. Its mostly hand poured stuff, worms, craws, etc. as well as some name brand stuff.

Anyhow, I’m thinking that I would like to donate it to help some kids out that are interested in bass fishing but can’t afford stuff. Does anyone have any suggestions as to some organizations or groups that I could get in touch with and help them out?

madbass
09-13-2009, 07:19 PM
I was cleaning out my fishing room, yes I purchased a 4 bedroom house so I could have a room dedicated to my passion, fishing. As it turns out I have quite a bit of bass tackle, mostly soft plastics, that I no longer need. Its mostly hand poured stuff, worms, craws, etc. as well as some name brand stuff.

Anyhow, I’m thinking that I would like to donate it to help some kids out that are interested in bass fishing but can’t afford stuff. Does anyone have any suggestions as to some organizations or groups that I could get in touch with and help them out?

I would checkout your local takle store. I donated some rods to Johnny's in Pasadena and they helped some kids out.

CAPT'N
09-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi,

I am in a club called Los Angeles Rod and Reel club. We take over 300 kids fishing every year, and have been doing so for over 60 years. We take tackle donations of every kind.

Wingnut, 57, Bones and others on the board have volunteered at our events with the kids.

If you would like to donate any tackle, we are a non profit organization and I can give you substantiation for tax deduction.

Capt'n

The Angler
09-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Hi,

I am in a club called Los Angeles Rod and Reel club. We take over 300 kids fishing every year, and have been doing so for over 60 years. We take tackle donations of every kind.

Wingnut, 57, Bones and others on the board have volunteered at our events with the kids.

If you would like to donate any tackle, we are a non profit organization and I can give you substantiation for tax deduction.

Capt'n

There u go bro :Wink:

Bassnman Mike
09-14-2009, 05:42 AM
Hi,

Capt'n

Capt'n, PM me with a little information about your organization, what type of fishing you do, do you have a web site, etc. Please also include a shipping address.

Nessie Hunter
09-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Very, very nice of you Both (Bassnman Mike & CAPT'N)........

Sometimes I forget there are good people out there, Thanks!!!!

CAPT'N
09-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Nessie check out www.helpingspecialkids.org

and www.larrc.org

Capt'n

Bassnman Mike
09-14-2009, 04:57 PM
I would checkout your local takle store. I donated some rods to Johnny's in Pasadena and they helped some kids out.

I live in a pretty small town and we dont have a local tackle store, just a Wal Mart.

Very, very nice of you Both (Bassnman Mike & CAPT'N)........

Sometimes I forget there are good people out there, Thanks!!!!

Nessie, Thanks for the compliment. Have you checked out CAPT'N's site? Now there is a bunch of great people!

CAPT'N, PM sent!

Matador1238
09-14-2009, 08:30 PM
CaptN, I have some rods and reels that I dont use. They are not the best stuffs but all should be in working condition. How can i get them to you?

CAPT'N
09-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Matad.

thats great, we are happy to take all tackle donations. I will PM you how to reach me, I am in Chatsworth.

Capt'n