PDA

View Full Version : Lundy Area 9/9-13/2009

greg
09-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Went for my annual Lundy extended weekend. :Cool: Stayed all 4 night at the Lundy Resort. This time, went to pay respects to the Major whose ashes were spread at Lundy (and to fish, of course).

Left Irvine on Wednesday at 3 am. Made it up to Lundy by 10. Fished at Saddlebag pulling power worms behind a water filled bobber for a few stocker. :Smile: Ate dinner at Tioga Mart (the lobster bisque was fantastic).

Thursday, fished Lundy from my float tube at 5:30 am and nailed over 30 fish in 2 hours but all were stockers. :Razz: In the afternoon, tried Mill Creek for a brookie on a worm. That evening, we had the ceremony for the Major then we had a BBQ. Lot's of food and good memories. :Surprised:

Friday, hit Lundy at 5:30 from my float tube for another 20 stockers. :Big Grin: Hit Little Virginia in the afternoon from my float tube for another 30+. :EyePop: Some of the fly fishermen were kicking by me to ask what I was using - my usual red power worm behind some split shots. :Envious:

Yesterday, picked up only a dozen at Lundy in the early morning. :Smile: We went to Big Virginia for an hours from the shore where I caught 2 before we had to rush off due to the thunder and lightning. At Lundy, we had thunder, lightning, rain and hail. :Rolls Eyes:

Left at 6 am and back to Irvine an hour ago. All fish were released. No Alpers seen at the end of my hook this year. :Embarrassed:

diamondbear
09-13-2009, 01:49 PM
greg , Great report on Lundy lk. float tubin is a fun way to go . Virginia lks. is one of my favorites to tube . Glad you did good . // db

Liteweight
09-14-2009, 03:58 AM
Haven't fished Lundy in a while. It has always been one of my favorite spots to hit if I have time up there...and that's why!
I usually fly fish there but you REALLY slayed :!!!:
Congrats!
I'm heading up to fish Crowley/Mammoth on Wed thru Fri. I'm can only hope to do half as well as you.
LW

kelly k
09-14-2009, 08:55 PM
Hi Greg,

One question, is the resort still open, I heard that Suzy was closing early this season,any truth to that?

Okay two questions, if the resort is not open, can one still launch a boat?

greg
09-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Lundy Resort closed last Sunday, 9/13 until May 2010 but you can still use the ramp to launch boats until 11/15/2009 (the last day of the season).

kelly k
09-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks, Greg

Hunt4Fish
09-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Hi Greg: Nice report, I was at Lundy on the 13th and now I know why all the chains and privite property signs were blocking the resort cabins and campsite dirt roads. I saw Huckleberry (the BIG dog) by the water with a lady.

retired96
09-24-2009, 07:20 AM
I fished Lundy on 9/18 from 0700-1100 and never had a bite, the five other fishermen also never had a bite.