PDA

View Full Version : Back to the scene of the crime, castaic9/12

Fishthewhaler
09-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Returned for an afternoon session. I didn't have much to do this eve so decided last minute to run up to castaic and see if the linesides wanted to play after all the afternnon commotion. It seemed extra crowded because they were parking cars up the launchramp. I got to park in a good spot next to the lifeguard tower. I should have left all rods at home cause all I did was troll. It was a beautiful day, Ski armed looked really nuts so I headed towards liz canyon. I got both rigs out and it didn't take long. Shoreliners got a good show as I put the wood to these stripers, they were chewing the paint off the ol whaler!! Saw some boils at about 330 in front of the shoreline posse. They all ran to it casting for nada. I went outside of it and whammmo! Another one. I had six fish in the first hour and half, and a few shakers. Decided to look at the kong area. Trolled for half hour, and didn't like what I saw over there, so pulled em up, and ran back to the marina area, and reset. Good choice cuzz I got ripped on a double, but only saw the first fish on the brella, and he was nice, but the second fish on the same rig was a big boy. I had already scooped up smaller one, so I dug deeper and netted the bigger 6-8lber that was staying deep. Saweeeeet. This was what I came for, shoreliners were giving their props. I had to let out the air horn for this one!!!BLAST!! I headed up and back a few more times, shook a few, and bounced a couple more schoolies to round out my limit. I love it up there in the late afternoon. I will start running up the hill for the evening sessions while it still open late. Castaic rocks again!
I WILL BE THERE MONDAY MORNING
check out the fishfinder, these are the types of spots holding fish...

RamboBoy
09-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Nice report

That is good for everyone slayahs the stripers at Castaic

Fishthewhaler
09-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Nice report

That is good for everyone slayahs the stripers at Castaic

get out there rb, they are chewing!!

RamboBoy
09-13-2009, 10:14 AM
I know I wanna get out of here and go up to Castaic. Dayum! This weekday or next week. I had to work this week. I should have gone fishing to Castaic instead of Coachella Canal.

I am envy ha ha ha

TroutOnly
09-13-2009, 10:39 AM
WAY TO SLAY F.T.W. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TURN IS TOMMOROW,,,,,,,,,THEY ALL ARE GOING DIE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Fishthewhaler
09-13-2009, 02:34 PM
WAY TO SLAY F.T.W. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TURN IS TOMMOROW,,,,,,,,,THEY ALL ARE GOING DIE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Maybe "I'll see you out there...Just had a little emergency at the house, I will try to slay again!!

diamondbear
09-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Castaic lk. is alot different than when I lived out there 30 years ago , ha . haven't been there since , but with all the stripers being caught and all the reports , I GOTTA GET OUT THERE , // db

kewlwhip
09-13-2009, 07:21 PM
niiice catch and photos/report! nice slay~

fishfinder
09-13-2009, 10:38 PM
I will be there as well.

Liteweight
09-14-2009, 03:46 AM
Nice goin'.

Thanks for the pics/post.

LW

GeordyBass