PDA

View Full Version : The DUCT. 9/12,,,,Ouch!!

trail blazer
09-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Short report.
Myself,,C,bait and Buck liggette
Started fishing at 11 30 pm,,,,,,tried all the spots that payd off the other night,,,,,,all the lures also,,,,SUCK,D:Sad:

Only hooked 1 striper<a dink..and lost him trying to get him out of the water.

really windy out,,,hardly any moss,,,water was FLYING,,
HERE,s WHAT WE ENDED UP WITH

:Skunk:

Cant win them all,,O WELL

TRAIL BLAZER

cutbait
09-13-2009, 09:14 AM
Had fun anyway. Man that water was running hard!

trail blazer
09-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Had fun anyway. Man that water was running hard!
Sure got that right,,,,all i can say is,,A,Valley ,,look out Theres a tidal wave headed your way this weekend in the duct!!

Mister Twister
09-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Short report.
Myself,,C,bait and Buck liggette
Started fishing at 11 30 pm,,,,,,tried all the spots that payd off the other night,,,,,,all the lures also,,,,SUCK,D:Sad:

Only hooked 1 striper<a dink..and lost him trying to get him out of the water.

really windy out,,,hardly any moss,,,water was FLYING,,
HERE,s WHAT WE ENDED UP WITH

:Skunk:

Cant win them all,,O WELL

TRAIL BLAZER+At least the moss is clearing out.I stopped by Kettleman about 4 weeks ago and there were piles of moss down the fence line that people pulled off their lines. I found a bag of bluegill heads in trash with a baby striper head also,looking for bait.I guess there are some gills in there to,never seen any,only shad.Have you fished that area?Utica is a good spot.You can stand under bridge and have some shade.I met a local there,Dean,drives tow truck out of Kettleman,His buddy caught a 63# there and put it in pond on 26 and duct,he owns the place I think they farm almonds,trees are trees to me.The pond maybe two acres,he was out there in tracker boat trying to catch the big one,that's why I believe he caught at least a big one and put it in there,I think 63# is a fish story.Good Luck in the future.

RamboBoy
09-13-2009, 09:55 AM
You will get em again to beat the skunk! :Smile:

yolo
09-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Good effort TB, CB and BL. Yes the tidal wave seems to run here too. Gates are usually wide open from 7:30pm ish to about 11:00am ish every day and mellow to half open during the mid day and afternoon. I drove by a duct spot yesterday around 1:00pm and it was wide open though. I bet it was running non stop all day and night yesterday. High flows equals lots of moss still in the AV. Peak, seasonal water demand should diminish in another month or so and it will be cooler too. I expect the fishing to be much better then.

trail blazer
09-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Good effort TB, CB and BL. Yes the tidal wave seems to run here too. Gates are usually wide open from 7:30pm ish to about 11:00am ish every day and mellow to half open during the mid day and afternoon. I drove by a duct spot yesterday around 1:00pm and it was wide open though. I bet it was running non stop all day and night yesterday. High flows equals lots of moss still in the AV. Peak, seasonal water demand should diminish in another month or so and it will be cooler too. I expect the fishing to be much better then.

yep,,,last year in mid oct it went from dead and high flows to ON FIRE and low to medium flows,,,,,C,MON FALL:Big Grin:,,,FULL MOONs and cooler temps!!

J. Owen
09-13-2009, 01:27 PM
couple of friend went out last night ended up with a couple of nice cats
couldnt go went to the gun show in ventura
but next time

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-14-2009, 09:36 AM
you know as well as I do the skunks are bound to happen...makes the nights like you had recently that much better....

I still need to make a return trip out there....maybe sometime soon.

Havent been out too much out here for a while but I went friday for 2 hrs and nailed 1 ....

I'll look forward to a triumphant return report on the next outing where you make an example of them jailbirds........

U'll get em next time out !

Good luck,
Gary