PDA

View Full Version : The Lake Gregory skunk on 9/12

castle
09-13-2009, 06:35 AM
I went up to Lake Gregory yesterday afternoon to fish for a couple of hours since this place can be good for holdver trout and crappies the week after Labor day.The wind was blowing pretty hard at the cove across from the fire station, ao I walked around to the old San Moritz area on the other side. Most people I saw fishing were sleeping or swimming in the water, not watching their lines. Not a good sign.I casted trout mini jigs,threw out nightcrawlers to no avail. I worked my way back toward the fire statin cove this way for nada.The water was so ripply from the wind you couldnt tell if you had a bite if you got one.Oh well I have to admit this is this first skunk I got at this place in a while. On the drive down, it was hang glider city above the highway, at least they were taking advantage of the afternoon winds.

castle
09-13-2009, 03:11 PM
I should of went to Fairmont as that seems the best place to get the skunk. Ha. Ha.

Natural Lefty
09-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Castle, I went to Gregory a few weeks ago, and only caught 1 Crappie. I guess this is a down year up there.

Ultralight
09-13-2009, 11:12 PM
During Labor Day, it was skunk city for most except for the shore people using Powerbait and such. Saw a number of good stringers. However, for the normal trolling, lures, jigs, powerworms - scant production.

It does seem like a down year, but they are stocking regularly so I think there is going to be good holdover fishing later in the year when cold weather hits. The pattern is a bit odd this year.

Crappie though is pretty plentiful but small around the dock/fountain area.

UL

Daryl
09-14-2009, 09:29 AM
I went Saturday and tubed. Fishing was very slow. 6 micro crappie and 1 trout. The wind made for one heck of a workout. Hopefully the weather will cool off soon and fish will come out to play. I know they are in there.