PDA

View Full Version : lake skinner Saturday 9-12-02 catfish goooone crazzzzy...

Bluegill
09-12-2009, 09:01 PM
fish skinner all day today with my uncle..Same old story and same location. Got the bait in the water around 6:30 and within 20 minutes we already had 4fish on the boat. All the fish were caught in the main channel, but one lonely catfish caught at the east end around noon. It wasn't wide open, but once we found the right spot we had couple of double and even tripe hookup. After 2 month of good catfish fishing at lake skinner I finaly found the secret of fishing for catfish there.. I figure out the secret after losing one of my anchor and had to dock the boat on the shore to pick up some rocks. I use the rock and my backpack as the anchor.PM me for the secret
Setup
C-rig..
Achoives and chicken..bait and wait
Bluegill caught on achoives

16 catfish..1 1.8lbsbluegill....1 striper
http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww3/Lsainsanoy/skinner9-12-09483.jpg
http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww3/Lsainsanoy/skinner9-12-09481.jpg
http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww3/Lsainsanoy/skinner9-12-09480.jpg
http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww3/Lsainsanoy/bluegill001.jpg

bluegill....

Bassnut
09-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Haha I was there, I saw your hot spot, I remember seeing that color boat with the chrome Railing, I didn't bring anything for catfish

old pudd fisher
09-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Nice gill for sure, and the cats to. I love the make shift anchor with the back pack and rock, way to go out thier.

Bluegill
09-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Haha I was there, I saw your hot spot, I remember seeing that color boat with the chrome Railing, I didn't bring anything for catfish

All the bigger cats are along were I was fishing at.

Bluegill
09-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Nice gill for sure, and the cats to. I love the make shift anchor with the back pack and rock, way to go out thier.

Thanks, i lost my $100 anchor from BPS. Oh well will order another one tomorrow.

JimmyFSU
09-12-2009, 10:23 PM
have fun gutting and skin'n those things. i hate that part haha. me and my great uncle and dad, went to some lake/swamp in AR when i lived there. we had trout lines?? tie'd to the trees and a 5gallon bucket with clotted cow blood. we went back to check the lines in the morning. we had a 10lb cat on one of the lines. crazy fishing back there. first time i ever seen a Gar, and spiders all over the cypress trees that were bigger then my hand... man i hate Arkansas. fishin is good tho.

Lake,sHiFter's
09-13-2009, 01:25 AM
Nice catch out there, I was planning on taking my dad out there but he will get pissed if we get skunked plus I don't think he will ever go again if we got skunked. Is there anyway u can help me out? Been there when stripers were hottt a couple years back but haven't been since. If not catfish, how about a bluegill hole lol, anything informative well help thanks.

Bluegill
09-13-2009, 07:38 AM
have fun gutting and skin'n those things. i hate that part haha. me and my great uncle and dad, went to some lake/swamp in AR when i lived there. we had trout lines?? tie'd to the trees and a 5gallon bucket with clotted cow blood. we went back to check the lines in the morning. we had a 10lb cat on one of the lines. crazy fishing back there. first time i ever seen a Gar, and spiders all over the cypress trees that were bigger then my hand... man i hate Arkansas. fishin is good tho.

Thanks, no need to worry about cleaning the fish. I take take them to my mom house and wait for the food.

catfish 17
09-13-2009, 10:24 PM
hey bluegill, so where is this lake skinner @? the truth i never heard of it. and plus i just got a boat and i am a catfish fisherman. would u mind telling me the fishing spots? :Confused::Confused:

sreykmao562
09-14-2009, 03:59 PM
how the catfish taste? i hear they are very tasty out of lake skinner :ROFL:

pineapple express
09-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Dang.... BG you are Mr Skinner slayer. Doesn't look like the bluestoning effected
the bite huh ? I'll be out there in 2 weeks. Hope to see you then.
Mahaloz for sharing
Pe

Bluegill
09-15-2009, 08:07 AM
Dang.... BG you are Mr Skinner slayer. Doesn't look like the bluestoning effected
the bite huh ? I'll be out there in 2 weeks. Hope to see you then.
Mahaloz for sharing
Pe

Thanks, PE
As long as the weather remaining hot, the catfish bit should be good for the next couple of weeks. I will see you out there in two week.

scca
09-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Nice job out there. :Big Grin:

dcashley84
09-15-2009, 04:24 PM
pm sent about skinner info.. thanks

Bluegill
09-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Nice job out there. :Big Grin:

Thanks, need to get out there while the water is still hot.

Bluegill
09-16-2009, 08:05 PM
how the catfish taste? i hear they are very tasty out of lake skinner :ROFL:

Best catfish in So.Ca is skinner cats. I give most if not all of my fish to mom and she keep what's see want and give the rest to family. My family eat a lot of fish I mean lots and they says skinner cats is the best.

kaiyasdad
09-16-2009, 09:20 PM
did you see any striper boils?

karlow
09-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Sweet deal, I never have much luck with cats.
I used to go to Arkansas each summer and hang with my grandparents.
Back then I could not get anyone to take me fishing!
I remember seeing those trout lines in the local store. It was some type of tin reel with Dacron line and a bunch of hooks. You would hang the thing on a tree and leave a dozen baited hooks in the water. It's not really fishing, it's more like trapping.
You are right about the bugs down there, but you left out the red bugs, ticks, snakes and snapping turtles!

Boy that's living, ya here me now.
Sorry I had a country flash back.

Arkadelpia, it's been a while

KP

Bluegill
09-17-2009, 05:34 AM
did you see any striper boils?

Early morning right in front of the marina