PDA

View Full Version : American Canal In Indio (Coachella Valley) Part Two

RamboBoy
09-12-2009, 04:08 PM
At 6:00 a.m., today I went to fishing at American Canal again for striped bass. I do the same things work on my lures. No love striped bass and catfish. So I decided to set up the bait-n-wait while I was keep casting the lures for the half day, nada fish bites. At the end of the day, I was going to wrap up my fishing stuffs into my truck, however the bait-n-wait pole was bendo! I set the hook up and fish on! It was pretty battling with fish for 10 minutes with my 10lb test line until I landed em up on the concrete. Guess what, it was a TURTLE! The turtle keep swims down, and I lose drag up to get my camera from my truck it is about 10 feet away from concrete. It snapped test line, man, because the test line tears up while the turtle was shaking and swimming down in the water. I was pissed off and crying, man. LOL I wrapped my pole and called of the day at 1:00 p.m. Man, it was damn hottest in Indio.

Sorry no picture of the damn turtle!

trail blazer
09-12-2009, 04:28 PM
LOL!!!!
Turtle bendo is better then no bendo!!!

Thanks for the cool report bro

RamboBoy
09-13-2009, 02:16 AM
LOL

The turtle is so strong fighting, man.

Catrack77
09-13-2009, 07:49 AM
Congrats on the turd

RamboBoy
09-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Congrats on the turtle. You are fishing the Coachella canal not the All American canal. The Coachella canal ties into the All american Canal, close to the US mexico border, south of interstate 8. The Coachella canal startes at the point and runs all the way to lake cauhilla.

Take care
Desert cat

Hey Desert cat,

Where have you been? How are you doing? Thanks for correction, you are right Coachella Canal.

oatums
09-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the report Mr Rambo, you are a hardcore fishermen for going out in this heat. I won't be out to the cannal til the end of october. Im sticking with deepsea yellowfin tuna for now.

Catrack77
09-13-2009, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=RamboBoy;386376]Hey Desert cat,

Where have you

RamboBoy
09-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the report Mr Rambo, you are a hardcore fishermen for going out in this heat. I won't be out to the cannal til the end of october. Im sticking with deepsea yellowfin tuna for now.

Hey, watz up? Where have you been? Ha good to hear from ya. Oh yeah I am a hardcore fisherman and get to used in the heat! A friend of mine caught 15 inches striped bass at canal. That's why I go out there and no love striped bass for me. Ha ha.

Good luck. I will be out to offshore fishing on next month. :Smile:

Hunting season started. I will be hunting until the end of January. Harvested a great antelope in california and have been archery hunting bear and deer as of late. Four more months and I will dust of the fishing rods and be hard at it again.

Take care
Desert cat

Aaah, hunting! In my life, I ate the deer meat first time from last or two months ago. It was good tasty. I wanna take hunting class someday.

Hey Oatums an Desert cat, have you read from my last post:
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=38065

sreykmao562
09-15-2009, 12:36 AM
turtle soups...yummy to the tummy :ROFL::ROFL:

RamboBoy
09-17-2009, 07:32 AM
turtle soups...yummy to the tummy :ROFL::ROFL:

I don't eat that turtle. But I ate soup when I was a little boy in Hawaii. My dad caught em from the ocean and cook the turtle soup. It tastes like chicken! Right now I don't eat the turtle anymore.