PDA

View Full Version : The most variety ive seen at Cabrillo Pier! 9/12

victor101
09-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Fished Cabrillo Pier with my cuz Hbomb and my brother. I didnt expect much so i didnt even bother bringing the digi cam.

dont really want to type a long @$$ pier report so here are the totals

Me: 2 huge spotfin croakers, 3 or 4 pile perch, 1 opaleye, 2 sculpin, 1 short halibut...um i think thats it...

hbomb: 1 halibut, some pile perch, 1 sandbass...Did i miss something?

Bro: 1 sculpin, 1 kelpfish

ALL FISH RELEASED

This is the best ive seen Cabrillo in a while...saw some nice sandbass, short cuda and a legal hali come over the rail.

only took a couple pics with my phone:

Spotfin Croaker- the pic doesnt do it justice. I had NO idea how hard these fish fight. And the grunts while i was trying to unhook him...WOW what a brute! I hope to run into these more often!
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/IMG00154-20090912-0826.jpg

Hbomb's short flatty
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/IMG00158-20090912-1142.jpg

hbomb
09-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Uhhh yeah, the 2 birds I hooked diving at the secret weapon, cant believe you didnt take a pic. :ROFL: I soon as I threw it in, bammm the bird dove down and got hooked, same thing happened with the 2nd one, birds safely released and flew away. It was a good day. :Cool:

cappo
09-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Nice spotfin. I can see youre entire family went also.

lngbchfnhnter
09-12-2009, 05:38 PM
nice work out there! never fished there, but ive heard some good things about it..

sansou
09-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Quick! Hide the spotfin before CANGLER sees it!

Nice job, non-african-american Victor101.

victor101
09-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Uhhh yeah, the 2 birds I hooked diving at the secret weapon, cant believe you didnt take a pic. :ROFL: I soon as I threw it in, bammm the bird dove down and got hooked, same thing happened with the 2nd one, birds safely released and flew away. It was a good day. :Cool:

Haha! yeah forgot about that. That lure looks so good man...even the birds wanted to eat it.

lolz@ family... We need to fish again cuz... set up a randevous.

nice work out there! never fished there, but ive heard some good things about it..

Thanks man.. It an OK spot at best, but there are some quality fish there if you look for them. Some of the regulars(fish there just about every day) come up on Legal halibut often.

Haha.. non-african-american... thanks for the reply Ricardo. Whens the next trip to Baja Norte?

hbomb
09-12-2009, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=victor101;386273]Haha! yeah forgot about that. That lure looks so good man...even the birds wanted to eat it.

Hey vic, at first maybe I thought it was those burritos you ate yesterday, but finally realized it was the spotfin croaker making the noises. :ROFL:

ghetto dad
09-13-2009, 12:32 AM

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Nice report homie, good to see you dont forget where you come from holmes....I bet you rolling into SP and getting on the pier is like "The Game" rolling into CPT........straight up fools rushing you, huh??? "Hey Meester, can chu sign my spark plug mang?" :ROFL:

GD

dude..i think you got even darker after that Liberty trip....make sure you have the flash on for those night fishing trips!!

victor101
09-13-2009, 02:11 AM

Nice report homie, good to see you dont forget where you come from holmes....I bet you rolling into SP and getting on the pier is like "The Game" rolling into CPT........straight up fools rushing you, huh??? "Hey Meester, can chu sign my spark plug mang?" :ROFL:

GD

dude..i think you got even darker after that Liberty trip....make sure you have the flash on for those night fishing trips!!

Awwwwmaaaann...what a d*** LMAO....I know man. I looked at my pic after I uploaded it. I got darker! I need to wear sunscreen all the time now!

Liteliner
09-13-2009, 06:36 AM
WTF... How many consecutive days of fishing have you got in already bro???:EyePop: Lucky dog.... Nice spots.

hbomb
09-13-2009, 10:15 AM
WTF... How many consecutive days of fishing have you got in already bro???:EyePop: Lucky dog.... Nice spots.

and those are the only pics he post, he still doesn't post them all. :EyePop:
:Cool:

smokehound
09-16-2009, 03:51 AM
Awesome, spotfin croaker are among my favorite sportfish. They should be everywhere by now.

Fisherman57
09-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Spotfin's can pull HARD... thats a nice one,
Im suprised it made it up onto the pier and over the rail....... they usually fight all the way!

Nice job!