PDA

View Full Version : SARL 09-11 Evening session

cklovetofish
09-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Went there at 5 PM. Fish was biting here and there until half an hour after sunset (about 7:30) and the bite went dead until we go home.
For the first 2 hour we got 7 fish. Last 3 hours only 2 including 1 got hooked on the stomach.
Total 9 fish for 5 guys. The only positive thing for this trip is none of us got skunk. I got 3 and everyone elst got 1 or 2. Slow night for us and all the people around us.
The fish seems to be fresher and stronger than last few weeks though.
The sign at the gate says the limit went up from 5 to 7 per person.
Of course, I did not see any one got near the limit.
I guess we will have to wait for trout opener.

Oz
09-12-2009, 12:26 PM
good 2 hear no skunk 4 everyone. i have seemed to notice that the bite seems to be really good, early in the morning. around 3am til sun comes up.

CASTAWAY
09-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Nice work. Glad everyone caught fish. I'm waiting for Trout opening too.
But if I have time I will go out there(this month) and try to catch some fish....

saintarv
09-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Nice job. How's the crowd these days? Was the lake packed? What area where you guys where fishing? I haven't gone there for a couple months so I need to get out there at least once before trout season.

smokehound
09-16-2009, 04:07 AM
I'm glad you caught some fish this time.

Where did you fish? What bait?

cklovetofish
09-16-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm glad you caught some fish this time.

Where did you fish? What bait?
For the last 4 trips at SARL I always caught some fish. The first trip was the most productive of 20 in 5 hours and last trip was the least of just 1. This trip I got 3. All caught on mackerel. I fish around the dock in front of bait shop.
This week trip I saw only about half the number of people that I saw on 09-04.