PDA

View Full Version : 3:35 a.m.

murrieta angler
09-12-2009, 03:37 AM
Just spent the last hour looking for my drain plug to no avail. There will be no fishing for me today. Last time I let my teenage kids clean the boat for money.:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

sansou
09-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Just spent the last hour looking for my drain plug to no avail. There will be no fishing for me today. Last time I let my teenage kids clean the boat for money.:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

Thats a real bummer....

...but I've been down that road before with my Tracker, only to discover after towing it thru 30 miles of dirt road up a mountain that we left it at home.

The last few years we've kept several spares in the boat, and one on the ignition key chain.

If you were launching SD though, you could have still made it out at a reasonable hour...a lot of places carry them and the marine store is right by SI launch.

JapanRon
09-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Hi murrieta angler,

Bummer ... Being a past small boat owner, I had an extra drain plug, spare main and troll props/nuts as well as the ............cotter key........ right next to my ditch bag.

True story ... had a buddy who used an OLD thermos stopper ... the lever closing ones ... in a pinch !!

I can hear it now ..... 'but dad ... it was right there on top of the motor cowling' !

JapanRon

sweetfish
09-14-2009, 10:14 AM
That is a real bummer. Too bad you did not think of going to Wal Mart on Jefferson. They are open 24 hours.

murrieta angler
09-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I now own 3 new plugs at $8 bucks a piece.:Smile:

deanhall32
09-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I now own 3 new plugs at $8 bucks a piece.:Smile:

Don't forget to PM me next time you head down to SD and need another person to fish with!!!

The YFT season will last into October!!

PWBUILDING
09-14-2009, 12:11 PM
i am almost sure any lake you go to, if they have a bait place or some thing going on . the place will have some plugs.

murrieta angler
09-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Will do Dean...:Smile: