PDA

View Full Version : Black Pearl-Fishing Limits Style

madbass
09-12-2009, 12:46 AM
My buddy and i decided to jump on the Black Pearl last minute and it paid off BIG TIME!!!!! He has never been on tuna hunt before so this was a real treat for him and everyone on the boat!!!!! We started trolling around 6:20am and got our first jig strike around 6:40am, hung a couple of fish on our first stop and then it went quiet. Started trolling again and quickly got our second jig strike around 7 when all of sudden it went WFO!!!! Everyone was hanging fish and before we knew we had limits for the entire around 8-8:15, WOW!!!! most of the fish, YFT, averaged around 8 to 15 pounds with the occasional 20 and even 30lber coming over the rail. Jackpot was the 30lber. We then went searching for paddys looking for yellowtail and dodo's for the rest of the trip. First paddy produced some dodo's and a yellow. The second paddy was loaded with dodo's that came out to play, most were around 8-12lbs. I was fortunate enough to land one of the biggest if not the biggest dodo of the trip. It's really fun to see the dodos with thier colors all lite up chasing bait, especially if it's your bait at the end of the line. I caught my biggest dodo on the last paddy the captain found. by this time, I had broken all of my gear down, covered my reels up and called a day, when captain told us we would try one last paddy. I had to re-rig my line, tie a hook on and get a bait in the water-mean while eveyone had already casted towards the paddy, so that made me the LAST person to put a bait in the water, when all of sudden i felt my line taking off like a fright train, set the hook, felt the weight and then it was gone.......i had some lines over my line when all of sudden the fish i hooked started takin off again and i knew he was on, Hook-Up!!!!! fought the fish on 20lb line, 25 floro leader and landed the sucker to end the trip!!!! It was an awesome trip for everyone, especially for me, catching that bull after i was the last person to put bait in the water was the icing on the cake..

side note: i like to thank the skipper, Mike and the crew: Paul, Damon, and Warren for help and jokes. Great boat and crew!!!! I highly recommend this boat to anyone, it's new, quiet, fast and very clean!!!!!!!

here are the pictures, enjoy!!!!

MB

murrieta angler
09-12-2009, 03:45 AM
Nice report, awesome pics. Great job!!

JapanRon
09-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Hi madbass,

Fantastic trip and report. That outta keep ya goin' back for more !!

Thanks,

JapanRon

hbomb
09-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Nice Job, Nice report thanks. :Cool:

supasportkid
09-12-2009, 06:02 PM
nice trip, good job on all the quality fish

Liteliner
09-13-2009, 06:32 AM
Nice job. Looks like better alot of quality fish being caught on the trip. Congrats on the bull dodo.

russ88
09-13-2009, 10:13 AM
I knew the tunas were biting but didn't expect to limit on one stop. Thats a sweet last minute bull dorado. What a beautiful fish. The aerial show they put out was amazing.... Epic first offshore trip for me. Can't wait to go again. Good times buddy!!

russ88
09-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Who's the idiot with the bloody laker shirt??? lol

madbass
09-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Who's the idiot with the bloody laker shirt??? lol

hahahahahaha!!! That was too funny! we'll do this again beforethe season is over buddy!

SOSO
09-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Alex, Russ.. You guys are having to much fun.. Going again Friday? I am jealous:Shocked::Envious::Cool:.. Just finished the Tuna I picked-up from Russ, sashimi style, melted like butta..

madbass
09-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Alex, Russ.. You guys are having to much fun.. Going again Friday? I am jealous:Shocked::Envious::Cool:.. Just finished the Tuna I picked-up from Russ, sashimi style, melted like butta..

Melts like butta is right!! been eatin good for about 2 months now....i'm spoiled. SOSO, you gotta get into the action, it's WFO right now!!!! Hit me up, we're rolling next Friday......

MB

flopps1
09-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Madbass/ Russ88,

Good going out there! That looks like an awesome trip for sure! You guys couldn't have picked a better time to get out! Mike/Black Pearl knows his sh**.

Russ glad to see you decided to get off shore! SD style! Hope you put that Phenix to work! Awesome job, man!

Madbass, nice report and pics as usual! Your having a great year!

madbass
09-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Madbass/ Russ88,

Good going out there! That looks like an awesome trip for sure! You guys couldn't have picked a better time to get out! Mike/Black Pearl knows his sh**.

Russ glad to see you decided to get off shore! SD style! Hope you put that Phenix to work! Awesome job, man!

Madbass, nice report and pics as usual! Your having a great year!

Thanks Flopps!! The Trini 14 i got from you put the hurt on the bull dodo i got at the very end of the trip! Russ, put the hurt on the yft with the Phenix rod, awesome light strong rod!!