PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Overnight 9/11- SCI Yellowtail!

victor101
09-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Well....Just got back and all done with vaccum sealing...washing down the gear...so here it goes...

Headed over to Long Beach Sportfishing for an overnigher on the Liberty last night. Got to the landing and had a Taco Hell dinner with Steve(Ghetto Dad)I later regreted ordering those green bean burritos. Borded the boat, grabbed a bunk, signed in...The crew consited of Bobby and Erin on deck and Johnny in the wheelhouse.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/Yellowtail006.jpg

The plan was to go to Catalina and pick up some live squid, then head over to San Clemente Island for some yellowtail/WSB action. With everyone fishing offshore I had a good feeling about this trip. I tried to get some sleep but the anticipation kept me up most of the night...I slept a total of maybe 2 hours. I didnt want to miss the grey light bite.

We finally arrive to Clemente and drop anchor... The whole morning consisted of Calico Bass, Sheephead, Whitefish, Barracuda...the usual island species but NO exotics. We made a couple moves and every spot was pretty much the same. At about 12:30pm I gave up on the exotics and started fishing for calicos...flylined sardines on 20# test. Right when i switched to a 20 pound setup...We spot some boils. I pick out a BIG healthy sardine...pin it on...cast it out...and my bait is running like crazy...Cool! soaked it for a minute and it gets picked up....Put my reel in gear, set the hook....HOOOOOKKKUUUPPPP! I knew right away this wasnt no Calico....Yellowtail Baby! moments later somebody else hooks up...then another...we had 3 going at the same time...I get my fish to the boat and Erin does a great gaff job...NICE! 25# class Yellowtail. The other two were farmed... So I grab my 30 pound setup and Flyline another fat sardine. Bait gets picked up AGAIN! 1, 2, 3 Set the hook HOOOOOOKKKUUUPPP! Get my second Yellow to the boat. Grab another sardine...this one soaked for 15 mins before it finally got picked up. HOOOOKKKUUUPP! got this one to the boat quick! 15# yellow. We had a total of 6 Yellows on the boat(about 5 or 6 were farmed) before it was time to head back in. It always sucks when you have to leave them biting.

Pics of my fish:

...One of my yellows was MIA when i took the pics. Somebody thought they were sly, slick, and wicked and took the 15 pounder out of my sack and put it in their own. Its not very hard to find a missing yellowtail when there were only 6 caught on the boat :Rolls Eyes:
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/Yellowtail001.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/Yellowtail002.jpg

my JACKPOT! fish...Jackpot was kicked down to the crew for their hard work...
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/Yellowtail003.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/Yellowtail004.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/Yellowtail007.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/ogvictor1/Yellowtail008.jpg

A big shoutout to Ghetto Dad! Thanks for everything homie! and also to the Liberty crew for making this a trip a wont soon forget!

sansou
09-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Nice job Jackpot-Vic101!

Healthy looking YT nonetheless!

Did someone really try to take your YT by putting it in their bag???? LOL!!

Oz
09-12-2009, 12:18 AM
someone was that desperate :Smack: and that stupid i guess. coming up, yet again..

troutdog
09-12-2009, 12:32 AM
WTG Vic!!! No doubt who was top dog on the Liberty:Not Worthy:

Congrats on a very impressive catch!

TD

murrieta angler
09-12-2009, 03:42 AM
Nice job Victor, you are a very good angler and maybe someday we'll hookup 2 hookup...:Smile:

hbomb
09-12-2009, 05:18 AM
Whooo weeee vic, Nice going, Never fails I'll be there in a bit for some fillet. :Shocked: . Cant' believe someone was trying to jack you :ROFL: Great report cuz.

lngbchfnhnter
09-12-2009, 07:02 AM
Nice healthy tails!!! How much was the trip?,if I may ask?

ghetto dad
09-12-2009, 07:34 AM
NICE job homie, I am REALLY glad you schooled the boat....all the years of watching me silently has finally paid off man!! lol....you forgot to mention it was one of YOUR people who jacked your YT!! :LOL:

Ghetto Dad Aside: (A few of my boyz will get this more than others, and why its funny)

GD : "Long Beach Sportfishing, can I help you?"
Johnny: "Its me, Johnny from the Liberty"
GD : "Hey Johnny, sup man"
Johnny: "Well we got a few yellows"
GD: "Yeah, my homie was on the boat, the one who got you jackpot"
Johnny: "Oh you mean the BLACK GUY who got 3? Yeah, he did good"
GD: **literally laughing out loud**
Johhny: "whats so funny?"
GD: "Nothing man, nevermind"

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: Must be those pink feet......

GD

Oz
09-12-2009, 10:58 AM
hahaha 2 funny :ROFL:

madbass
09-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Nice yellows and great report!!!! Gotta love they way them yellows fight! Congrats on the jackpot!!!!

MB

gotstofish
09-12-2009, 12:16 PM
NICE job homie, I am REALLY glad you schooled the boat....all the years of watching me silently has finally paid off man!! lol....you forgot to mention it was one of YOUR people who jacked your YT!! :LOL:

Ghetto Dad Aside: (A few of my boyz will get this more than others, and why its funny)

GD

Ghetto thats is some funny sheeet.
After a minute I'm still laughing.Sorry Victor but :Embarrassed:

JapanRon
09-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi Victor 101,

WTG on the awesome fishing exhibition !! Now .... I'm one vendictive sob and I just gotta know .... did the boat come back with one less patron ! ..... I refuse to call them an angler !! Have they banned the donkey from the boat ? Public humiliation ..... gimme somethin' bro !!

JapanRon

cappo
09-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Nice job Victor Tookie Johnson.
Sucks about those POS stealin fish.

victor101
09-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Nice job Jackpot-Vic101!

Healthy looking YT nonetheless!

Did someone really try to take your YT by putting it in their bag???? LOL!!

Thanks Rich...Yes the story is true... Funny thing is, he told me he caught a yellowtail and I was happy for him. Even gave him a high five!

someone was that desperate :Smack: and that stupid i guess. coming up, yet again..

Sup Oz, when we going fishing again man? Is baby Osiita here yet?

WTG Vic!!! No doubt who was top dog on the Liberty:Not Worthy:

Congrats on a very impressive catch!

TD

Thanks TD!

Nice job Victor, you are a very good angler and maybe someday we'll hookup 2 hookup...:Smile:

See you on the water sometime MA!

Whooo weeee vic, Nice going, Never fails I'll be there in a bit for some fillet. :Shocked: . Cant' believe someone was trying to jack you :ROFL: Great report cuz.

you know I got your filets cuz. Lets go catch some haliboo!

Nice healthy tails!!! How much was the trip?,if I may ask?

Thanks...the trip is $130. If you have a small group going, LBSF is running the buy two get one free deal so it comes out to $87 per person. Very good price for an overnight trip!

Check out the boat status page on their website. It lets you know whos going out and for how much. http://longbeachsportfishing.com/schedule.htm If you have any questions, call Steve in the office...make sure to ask him lots of Questions!

GD

LOL...so thats why I got all those "LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO" text messages. Ive been mistaken for Simoan, Filipino, Asian...but never Black...Im spending too much time in the sun.

hahaha 2 funny :ROFL:

Keep laughing "messican" LOL...I remember when I told GD and cappo that you werent one of "my people" ...now that was some funny ish! haha

Nice yellows and great report!!!! Gotta love they way them yellows fight! Congrats on the jackpot!!!!

MB

The fight was awesome...especially on the 20 pound test!

Ghetto thats is some funny sheeet.
After a minute I'm still laughing.Sorry Victor but :Embarrassed:

LOL...its all good brutha!

Hi Victor 101,

WTG on the awesome fishing exhibition !! Now .... I'm one vendictive sob and I just gotta know .... did the boat come back with one less patron ! ..... I refuse to call them an angler !! Have they banned the donkey from the boat ? Public humiliation ..... gimme somethin' bro !!

JapanRon

Man...they had problems with this guy even before the boat left the dock! Theres always one on every trip.

Nice job Victor Tookie Johnson.
Sucks about those POS stealin fish.

Thanks cuz! Same dude wouldnt pay his galley tab...they called his number for 30 mins. Finally, one of the deckhands had to come and look for him.

hbomb
09-12-2009, 02:15 PM
nice job homie, i am really glad you schooled the boat....all the years of watching me silently has finally paid off man!! Lol....you forgot to mention it was one of your people who jacked your yt!! :lol:

Ghetto dad aside: (a few of my boyz will get this more than others, and why its funny)

gd : "long beach sportfishing, can i help you?"
johnny: "its me, johnny from the liberty"
gd : "hey johnny, sup man"
johnny: "well we got a few yellows"
gd: "yeah, my homie was on the boat, the one who got you jackpot"
johnny: "oh you mean the black guy who got 3? Yeah, he did good"
gd: **literally laughing out loud**
johhny: "whats so funny?"
gd: "nothing man, nevermind"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Must be those pink feet......

Gd

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Liteliner
09-13-2009, 06:28 AM
Damn bro. Your on fire.... Those are some good lookin yellows. Congrats man.

russ88
09-13-2009, 10:16 AM
Nice JP yellow on 20# outfit. You killed it brother!!!

Bucket bay
09-13-2009, 11:36 AM
good job on the JP homie you killed it you blexican. LOL

vertical
09-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Hi victor. Good job on the yt. Hope u remember me. We met at the spitfire a couple of days ago. Schedule permiting, will go on the 2 day toronado on the 20th and hope to get me some as well.....

El Weirdo
09-15-2009, 11:29 AM
complete tools who take stuff that does not belong to them..that is the reason i stopped fishing the "cattle boats."..con grats on your catch..

Oz
09-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Sup Oz, when we going fishing again man? Is baby Osiita here yet?

yes she is finally here. 5 days early or so. i hope soon. just have 2 wait a lil and take care of this baby in the early stages.

deanhall32
09-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Great lookin yellows you got there Vic!!

victor101
09-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Damn bro. Your on fire.... Those are some good lookin yellows. Congrats man.

Thanks Peter...I hope you're killing em right now on your 1.5 day!

Nice JP yellow on 20# outfit. You killed it brother!!!

Thanks Russ!

good job on the JP homie you killed it you blexican. LOL

LOL@ blexican...Thanks Dwayne

Hi victor. Good job on the yt. Hope u remember me. We met at the spitfire a couple of days ago. Schedule permiting, will go on the 2 day toronado on the 20th and hope to get me some as well.....

Yeah I remember you man, and that WFO sculpin bite LOL... Good luck on your trip! should be a good time...

complete tools who take stuff that does not belong to them..that is the reason i stopped fishing the "cattle boats."..con grats on your catch..

Yep...thats one think I dont like about the cattle boats...Theres almost always that ONE guy. Thanks for the reply...

yes she is finally here. 5 days early or so. i hope soon. just have 2 wait a lil and take care of this baby in the early stages.

Congrats Oz_dad! LOL...hope to fish with you again soon.

Great lookin yellows you got there Vic!!

Thanks deano...but whats up with the new avatar? BBFC 4 Life! LOL

pokerface12
09-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Congrats on a great day of fishing. Three yellows out of what was caught for the day is impressive. :Applause::Applause:

boxl0bster
09-20-2009, 04:48 PM
damn nice slay victor, this post is making me want to try an get me some of those haha. too bad about the stolen fish. i think that might have happened to me before. i thought i put my fish in the wrong sack. anyways thanks for the report. :Cool: