PDA

View Full Version : 9-9-09 WFO YFT AND DODOS on my friends boat

Zombie Bass ATTACK
09-11-2009, 07:50 PM
went out with my buddy travis and his friend sam on his 24ft pathfinder bay boat called angler problems.

launched out of Mission Bay around 4am headed out to the 425 then dropped the feathers in trolled for about 20 min then BAM triple jig strike all 3 bent to the bone!! lost one got 2 in football size yft through them in the live well...

then get everything situated and through the feathers out again

..id say 10 mins later BAM another jig strike this time a double got both fish in 2 more yellow fin football size again..

after that we started to search for paddies with no luck for HOURS!!! about 2 exact then when came upon a small paddie the size of a small couch..

we circled it chummed some deans then about 20 ft off the paddie behind our boat dodos were going nuts crashing my buddy travis tosses a dean right on top of the boils and instant hook up

then a second of him hooking up later i toss out and BAM!! hook up and then we had a triple bait hook up all of us on the boat bendo!!

all nice size dodos in the 20lb range...after we hook up and are fighting the fish here comes 4 boats to sit exactly right on top of us so it apparently died do to the boaters laying right on top of the paddie so we left.

after that we headed from the 425 to the hidden about a good 20 miles choppy and winds at about 15 to 17 knots we were traveling for about an hour with nobody in sight and no paddies in sight either :Confused:... so we kept on trucking searching in hope of that golden ticket paddie...

well i was on the front of the boat and my buddy is going about 45 kinda hard to see paddies and do to the weather and choppyness and wind its hard to see anything at this point so i kept an eye out...i looked far south about 200ft and saw a spot of orange slowly falling down with a swell i stood up quickly and had to wait for the wave to drop again...

THERE IT WAS A HUGGGGGGGE PADDDDIE!!! the size of a large f250 ford truck!! ohhh man i told my buddy and he didnt believe me so i said watch over there wait till the wave drops and he saw it and hauled ***** over there!!

we arrived at the paddie with no boat in sight for miles!!!!! we got close and looked in the water huge dodos swimming by the boat and around the paddie...we chummed alil but didnt even need to..i threw out first dean on 20lb bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz hook up took me straight down YFT!!!

i look back and they are both hooked up!! good size yft 15 to 30lb and dodos 20 to 25lbs i hooked about 30yft and landed alil over 20 kept my limit of 5 and after that c&r we had a wFO bite for over and hour...AMAZING TRIP

pics will come soon

hbomb
09-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Wow what a rush, cant wait for the pics Zombie. :Cool:

murrieta angler
09-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Awesome dude, i'll be on the water @ 3:30 tomorrow morning...FISHON!!!!

Zombie Bass ATTACK
09-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Awesome dude, i'll be on the water @ 3:30 tomorrow morning...FISHON!!!!

Awesome man!!

JapanRon
09-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Hi Zo~CK,

WTG on the fishys ! Great trip for you and nice report.

JapanRon

ghetto dad
09-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Nice job Spanky!!! Way to SLAY!!!!!

GD

Ricky-Ray
09-14-2009, 11:20 PM
All lies without pics....:Envious::Envious:

j/k

Zombie Bass ATTACK
09-20-2009, 01:50 PM
here are the pics i didnt take many due to a WFO bite i was the camera man and my hands were soaked in tuna blood...here are the pics..sorry for lagging couldnt find the usb cord to upload the pics

Zombie Bass ATTACK
09-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Pics added