PDA

View Full Version : redondo late report 9/6

lngbchfnhnter
09-11-2009, 04:15 PM
sorry for the late report,finally able to load pics of my journeys.
hit redondo early with my buddy Niel. got there about 5:45 set up one rod with frozen chovies and used the clarus for ds.
buddy caught two nice size opaleyes and a salema. i caught three stingrays 1yellow fin croaker,1 good size white seabass and what i think are two small white seabass... caught everything on gulp jerk shad and zoom except for rays,and croaker caught them on frozen bait and gs.
did use buddys salema for bait set up a stinger rig on it ,and the bigger ray took it.
was very careful with wsb and all fish were released back safely.

fisherman from long beach
09-11-2009, 06:58 PM
i was out there for the holiday and caught 1 small cabezon and opal eye,it was pretty ruff when i went and the day pretty much sucked ,but seems you had a pretty good catch,also how far did you walk out?

lngbchfnhnter
09-11-2009, 08:01 PM
hey,fflb
yeah the waves had some hard crashes,my buddy had a couple showers luckily i had a big rock down below in front of me to break the crashes.
a guy to the right of me got completely soaked several times,that was funny cuz he wouldn't move..
but anyways i don't do the walk any more,stay close to the surf or at the bend.

victor101
09-12-2009, 12:13 AM
Nice Croakers

vagabond
09-12-2009, 09:42 AM
havent been outthere in a bit,nice to see you guys caught something...

bman90278
09-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Great thread and pics. Just wondering about fishing on the breakwater there. Are you allowed to go out onto the breakwater there or do you just go and take your chances? I used to fish that area in the 80's with great luck, but I thought they don't let you anymore.

-b

fisherman from long beach
09-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Great thread and pics. Just wondering about fishing on the breakwater there. Are you allowed to go out onto the breakwater there or do you just go and take your chances? I used to fish that area in the 80's with great luck, but I thought they don't let you anymore.

-b

you defitnately could fish there ,im a regular there and you can fish all along the breakwater,you just cant climb the wall.:Smile: