PDA

View Full Version : Oceanside to the 181 and ridge

paDDy
09-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Was going to fish the 425 area but one of my regulars flaked (BigRed) but its ok he ended up going to the mlpa meet. Got two last minute buddies and they didn't have mex. fishing licenses so the new game plan was the 181 and fish along the ridge. Launched at 6am out of Oceanside. Bait was decent and lasted the whole day, 5"-6" sardines. Some #'s off fishdope said the yf and dodo were about 13-15 miles out so we headed to this general area. Weather was flat, got out and fished some paddys that had a few small doritos that would not take our chung or live. Did see a jumper at 33.06.00 117.39.05 and nice kelps in this area, water temp 68.7. Got a dorado in this area off a paddy and my friends farmed two.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn308/bagged7104ss/9-10-09015.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn308/bagged7104ss/9-10-09014.jpg

Trolled this area for a while for nada so we picked up and headed to out about fifteen miles further to 181. Got there water temp 69 did not see much life out there. Seemed much more fishy closer in. Trolled the ridge, talked with another boat who was slow there also. Trolled for a few hours and decided to head closer in. Came across another jumper 33.04.57 117.40.31 water temp 69. Got a single blind jig strike at 33.01.00 117.35.98 for a 15 lb yft on the rapala. My buddies first tuna so he was all smiles.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn308/bagged7104ss/9-10-09018.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn308/bagged7104ss/9-10-09020.jpg

We boxed this area for an hour for nada. Decided to call it a day around five for the long drive home. Weather was a little bumpy in the afternoon but not bad. Great day on the water even thoe the fishing was not what we hoped for.

FYI jumpers are marlin

sansou
09-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Nice job putting him on his first yellowfin! Knowing you, I know you tried your best and burned some gas trying to find them. Doesn't look like anybody did spectacular that day up and down the coast.

Totally bummed I missed your calls the other night for this.

Next time!

ghetto dad
09-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Great job and report Paddy....thanks man

GD

paDDy
09-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks guys. Sanpoo we will get them soon, maybe next week?

FYI everyone jumpers are Marlin !!!

farmacist
09-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Good times, as usual capitan. Thanks again for a great day on the water. Despite the slow fishing, I can't think of a better way to have spent the day. Oh and of course I couldn't sleep last night as I was haunted by "The Dodo That Got Away." I hate that scary monster...lol

JapanRon
09-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi paDDy,

Great report. All the noise about the numbers and such !! I don't think any kayaks are gonna be rushing to those spots in the near future to crowd the Tuna grounds !!

thanks .... pretty mahi mahi, Shira, Dorado, Dolphin Fish !! Nice Albi too !

JapanRon

paDDy
09-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi paDDy,

Great report. All the noise about the numbers and such !! I don't think any kayaks are gonna be rushing to those spots in the near future to crowd the Tuna grounds !!

thanks .... pretty mahi mahi, Shira, Dorado, Dolphin Fish !! Nice Albi too !

JapanRon

I know what you mean Ron. I put this same report up on bloodydecks and that site is geared more towrds privte boaters. I put up reports there good or bad might help someone deside what area to fish. Oh Ron its a YFT albies have the wings.

JapanRon
09-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi again paDDy,

Thought I read Albie in the report .... senior moment .... and did a quick look for size on the scroll !! :) The Zebra stripes didn't register. :) Ya ...... Sagami Bay near Tokyo has a great YFT fishery I fished yearly and was lucky to even ride on some commercial fishing trips but Albies were not so plentiful !!

Looking forward to your next trip even better than this one.

JapanRon

murrieta angler
09-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Great report, I appreciate the numbers as I was wondering to head out that way tomorrow...whewww!!
I will now head south to the 224 and down to hopefully get on some dinner...THANKS PADDY:Big Grin:

russ88
09-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Nice dorado Pat. I bet it looks even better in person. Hope you hook that marlin next time around.

TroutOnly
09-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Nice dodo pat, man i wanted to got but between my crazy work schedule and my girl susan getting a relaspe ive burned the candle from both ends,,,,and the calstars have been dusted off and restrung for a little while now waiting my turn,,,,,,,,pat ,,,,,,,,,,can you pm me bam-bams phone number,,,,,bob

paDDy
09-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Nice dodo pat, man i wanted to got but between my crazy work schedule and my girl susan getting a relaspe ive burned the candle from both ends,,,,and the calstars have been dusted off and restrung for a little while now waiting my turn,,,,,,,,pat ,,,,,,,,,,can you pm me bam-bams phone number,,,,,bob

We will kill it soon Bob! Hopefully you can get some time and we can put the wood to these fish.
pm'd ya

BIGRED KILLA
09-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Nice job out there Gang sucks about the lost few fish but nice dodo Pat.

Bigred