PDA

View Full Version : Intake II handicap fishing spot?

billy b
09-10-2009, 04:03 PM
For real. A guy in Bishop said there's a spot for handicap people to fish ... might have said it was like a pier? Anybody know anything about it? Do they allow the hc person's friend to fish with them? Is the spot any good ... or are there better spots to fish from?

THANKS for any help!

Sierra_Smitty
09-10-2009, 04:22 PM
There is a small fishing pier at Intake II....it's very similar to the one they have at Convict Lake. Everyone is allowed to fish there - folks are just expected to give HC folks the right of way. The spot is ok...not the best, but it is very close to where they stock so if your timing is good it can be loaded with fish.

tunafisherman
09-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Like he said small pier next to the parking area. Also there is a dirt road that a wheel chair could be pushed to fish a few other areas on shore. Good luck I was up there a few weeks back and fishing is good if you work at it.

Santa Fe Eric
09-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Hello Billy B,

If this is the one near Parchers, I took my Dad there in June and we got our limits.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk176/Santafeeric/IMG_1128.jpg

SFE

chummer
09-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Here is a photo of the platform taken last week.

billy b
09-17-2009, 05:30 AM
I will stop by the "pier" and maybe venture down the road. My wife has a cute little motorized chair that may work on the dirt road.