PDA

View Full Version : Thursday bass hunt

labboss2003
06-29-2007, 10:48 PM
went out of newport wed night about 9 pm fished to about 2:30 caught some nice sandies lots of short calicos dropped anchor and slept till about 6:30 got the anchor stuck screwed around till about 7:30 trying to get it out then with one pop donated it to the fish gods. buzzed up to the flats no one aroud but the nautilis lots of bait in the water but not much other then short calicos worked on up to the oil rigs and the boat parking lot didnt fish there cruised aroud had the boy on the bionocs looking at thr moo moos didnt see much happing so continued on up to the shoe was kinda rollin and windy and with no anchor was kina tough .
all and all the boy and me had a lot of caught a lot fish kept a few for the smoker .......................Bob

Brad100
06-30-2007, 08:48 AM
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/butts.JPG

Looks like a bunch of undersized butts... could that be? I hope that somehow the camera is giving an inaccurate impression of those fish.

breeze71
06-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Good job daddy & son!

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/butts.JPG

Looks like a bunch of undersized butts... could that be? I hope that somehow the camera is giving an inaccurate impression of those fish.

Those are, as Bob said it, "sandies" or sand dabs.

TroutChaser
06-30-2007, 09:13 AM
how dp you clean dabs?? I catch hundreds of those things but dont know how to clean em.. I heard "they are really good eating just scale em" what about the intestines etc???

Good job getting the boy on fish, he'll never forget it :wink:

CHASER

JapanRon
06-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Hi labboss2003,

Good job on the fishing with the kid. Good haul. Nice report and pics!!

thanks,

JapanRon

Brad100
06-30-2007, 02:35 PM
QUOTE: "Those are, as Bob said it, "sandies" or sand dabs."

Thanks, Breeze... didn't understand the term "sandies"... I learn something every day!

labboss2003
06-30-2007, 09:57 PM
those dabs are easy to clean i do them like you would do a trout gut um chop the head off put um on the bbq and enjoy

and thanks breeze for clearing up the susspect photos we went on out to the deeper water just for them havnt had them in a while the only thing i cant figure out is how that big old arrow got in my boat :lol:

Brad100
06-30-2007, 10:30 PM
the only thing i cant figure out is how that big old arrow got in my boat :lol:

Really, laughing my arse off!!!