PDA

View Full Version : American Canal In Indio (Coachella Valley)

RamboBoy
09-09-2009, 05:10 PM
I went to fishing at American Canal in Indio (Coachella Valley). I used swimbait and deep hard rattle crank bait lures. I caught two mini kitties, took pictures, and released them back into the American Canal water. That’s all my report and thanks for reading my post. No Skunk, LOL !

Weather:
Wind: 9 mph
Temp: 97 degrees
Cloud: Clear
Water: Clear/Stain / No weeds.
Lures: swimbait / Deep Hard Rattle Crankbait
Fish: 2 mini kitties (released fishes)

fishinone
09-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Nice catch.

Two cats on lures! What kind of fish were you targeting?

RamboBoy
09-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Nice catch.

Two cats on lures! What kind of fish were you targeting?

Yep, two cats on lures! I was amazing cats do bite on the lures. I was target for striped bass.

A friend of mine, he caught striped bass there in few weeks ago.

FINSMACKDOWN
09-09-2009, 07:06 PM
good stuff Rambo, ive caught cats on rattle traps too> kinda funny huh. i'll take that in place of a skunk any day.

RamboBoy
09-09-2009, 07:11 PM
good stuff Rambo, ive caught cats on rattle traps too> kinda funny huh. i'll take that in place of a skunk any day.

You caught cats on rattle traps, too. Yeah it's funny! But it can't be !?!?

I know cats loved anchovy, chicken liver, mackerel, night crawl worm, and smell stink bait (Walmart).

Ha ha funny, huh!

El Weirdo
09-10-2009, 06:18 AM
nice to see life still flowing in the concrete river...been a while last i fished it..good report..and nice way to beat the skunk..

catfish 17
09-10-2009, 03:33 PM
hey man where is that place located @? i live in san bernardino. and is the fishing good there?do they charge for something or no?

RamboBoy
09-10-2009, 05:23 PM
nice to see life still flowing in the concrete river...been a while last i fished it..good report..and nice way to beat the skunk..

Oh yeah, The river is still flowing as well. Thanks... beat the skunk yeah, man LOL

RamboBoy
09-10-2009, 05:25 PM
hey man where is that place located @? i live in san bernardino. and is the fishing good there?do they charge for something or no?

Yeah, it is in Indio. Good fishing catfishs and striped bass. No charge nothing!

You must bring your fishing license that is all...Rarely the Warden DFG stopped by and ask for the fishing license that is all.

I will pm for the located.

catfish 17
09-10-2009, 07:23 PM
cool man, so do they bite pretty quick?the catfish and the stiped bass?i never fished for stripes before. so idk how to fish them like with what bait and all that.

RamboBoy
09-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Best time for you go there in the early morning from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. they will bite quickly. Afternoon it will going to be hot day for cats and stripers. They will go under the bridge in shadow to cool fish down, but it is hard to casting under the bridge. I think the best for you to move car over the bridge on other side. Then you can casting outward away from the bridge, and let the test line go flowing to under the bridge.

Use anchovy, chicken liver, shrimp and swimbait/hard bait lures for cats and stripers.

tacklejunkie
09-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Dang got me. I couldn't figure that place out.
Gotta give you points there. Nice work stirrin' up the kitties :LOL: :Cool:

trail blazer
09-11-2009, 01:09 PM
WTG on the kittys R,B.
Next time you,l find the stripers

troutguy26
09-11-2009, 02:08 PM
cool man, so do they bite pretty quick?the catfish and the stiped bass?i never fished for stripes before. so idk how to fish them like with what bait and all that.

stripers bite best on anchoives. or u can throw a lil trout lure.u kno? the ones that look like a trout..those are good too

RamboBoy
09-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Dang got me. I couldn't figure that place out. Gotta give you points there. Nice work stirrin' up the kitties :LOL: :Cool:

LOL...Thanks for comment. Do you familiar this Canal before?

WTG on the kittys R,B.
Next time you,l find the stripers

Hey Trail Blazer, thanks...how is the Bako Duct? I read your report, I am jealous, LOL J/K :Big Smile:

stripers bite best on anchoives. or u can throw a lil trout lure.u kno? the ones that look like a trout..those are good too

If you are using the trout lure it won't work. There are some shad around in Canal. So you have to use the hard bait lure similiar as shad, so the striper attracts the hard bait lure. Chicken liver is the best one for striped bass.