PDA

View Full Version : Float tubing SFD

Juventino
09-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Well i dont have any pics, sorry my phone was being stupid when i was trying to take some.
Well i got an early birthday present that was a float tube over the weekend from my parents which happends to be today 09/09/09 =)
So I tried it out yesterday i was making my way to the East side of the lake using plastic worms on a Texas rig set up. I got a huge hit in the morning it put up a hell of a fish maybe took almost 2 min to bring it into my tube, it was pulling me around too lol :ROFL: It came in 17 inches and about 4-5 pounds Large mouth. What a beautiful fish its only my 2nd time fishing for LM so i only had to worms to fish. It was my only catch a few bites but couldn't set the hook. I apologize i have no pics i tried for 2-4 min but gave up because i wanted to release it for other anglers to enjoy (but im not gonna lie, i thought about how good it would be to eat >_<) Are some spinners and cranks good at that lake for Bass? Im new to fishing Bass so excuse my ignorance.
Well hope it was a fun read, cant wait to take out the tube more often now.
Thanks,
Juventino
Forza Juve

RichB
09-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Congrats on the tube....I'm new to tubing as well. It's pretty fun.

old pudd fisher
09-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Looks like you had a good day out thier on the tube. Happy Birthday! And keep on posting.:Fishing Hole:

smokinflies
09-09-2009, 07:18 PM
nice job at SFD

J12
09-10-2009, 12:36 AM
hey good to hear about your 4-5lb big boy. I'm not sure about the fish being good to eat but what i've learned from experience is that any lure or bait would work as long as you have confidence and the correct representation. For crankbait, you really gotta learn to adapt a rhythm before you have success. I was out a peck pit on monday and i was t rigging a 6 inch worm with only one short bite. I decided to change up to a LC crankbait and messed around with the speed. I ended up hooking one before I left but unfortunately lost the lure to a snag eventually. It was a heart break but anyway the point is that sometimes it pays off to try something new when the fish have seen certain baits already. Hope my rambling give you some insight and I wish you future success in bass fishing

B@$$[P][M][P]
09-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Nice job little dude, what kind of plastic worm was it? color? size? I've had some nice luck there too.. good job. man.

B@$$[P][M][P]
09-11-2009, 02:06 PM
hey good to hear about your 4-5lb big boy. I'm not sure about the fish being good to eat but what i've learned from experience is that any lure or bait would work as long as you have confidence and the correct representation. For crankbait, you really gotta learn to adapt a rhythm before you have success. I was out a peck pit on monday and i was t rigging a 6 inch worm with only one short bite. I decided to change up to a LC crankbait and messed around with the speed. I ended up hooking one before I left but unfortunately lost the lure to a snag eventually. It was a heart break but anyway the point is that sometimes it pays off to try something new when the fish have seen certain baits already. Hope my rambling give you some insight and I wish you future success in bass fishing

tru that true that.

hbomb
09-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Congratulations on your new float tube, Im always amazed of the big pigs you guys pull out of the dam, when sfd is in my backyard :Shocked: . Great Job. :Cool: