PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Sierras annual fishing opener magazine?

dogg91702
09-09-2009, 05:55 AM
I had one last year and I can't remember the name of it. It had a load of great information like road maps to lakes, fishing tips, history of fishing in the sierras and a whole lot more. I think it had a man fishing the owens river on the cover and it was like the 56th annual edition if I remember correctly.

If anyone knows the name and where I can order the magazine I would really appreciate it, thanks

jim532
09-09-2009, 09:30 AM
I think it was titled Eastern Sierras Fishing, not sure but I know what magazine you're talking about. They were giving them away at the Fred Hall show, and Mac's Sporting Goods in Bishop, I'm sure they have them other places too though. If noone else replies with more specific info, I have it at home next to the throne, I can shoot the info to ya later.

dogg91702
09-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Very cool, yeah my buddy from work went to bishop before the opener and brought me one back because he knew I was going up to convict opening week. A lot of good info and maps that made it easy to get to spot we wanted to check out. If you can get the info I will appreciate it, no rush but, I am already thinking about the opener:Big Grin:

jim532
09-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Here's what I found.

outside cover:
Eastern Sierra Fishing Guide
56th Edition

A free publication of the Inyo Register

on the inside:
Horizon California Publications (inyo register)
450 E. Line St Bishop, Ca 93514

Published February 2009

Seems person in charge of Distribution is named Carol Ross
her contact info can be found on the Inyo Register Website under the "contact us" link
http://www.inyoregister.com

dogg91702
09-10-2009, 05:00 AM
Your the best, thank you very much and good luck to you this upcoming trout season

Liteweight
09-10-2009, 10:13 AM
FYI: They put out one of these out before the early opener every year in the stores, restaurants and motels every year since I was a kid. I used to collect them when I was younger.
I think they only do one printing and when they're gone that's it. I may be mistaken but I don't usually see them after July.
LW

teejay
09-12-2009, 09:49 AM
I picked one up at the Interagency Visitor Center in Lone Pine a couple weeks ago. You have to ask for it; they keep them behind the counter.

dogg91702
09-14-2009, 04:14 AM
I email the inyo register and they said they don't have a mailing list but, mail them out on request. The lady who contacted me was Dawn, she said they would mail it out for about 7 to 10 dollars she wasn't sure. Jim532's info was right on, greatly appreciate. She said they are ready around march, so if you guys are interested send an email out to get yours before the opener.

Thanks again Jim532