PDA

View Full Version : The Family Cats

Jackpot Jimmy
09-08-2009, 08:14 PM
I thought I would share this with you guys...

We have two pet cats at home, one is 9 years old, and the other is a few months old. We've always have been cat people, and it all started about 30 years ago when my dad had a friend whose kids were abusing this cat that they rescued, and the friend asked my dad if he wanted it. He thought about it, and reluctantly took the cat. He named the cat Smokey, and had him for about 21 years, well after I was born.

We've had several cats over the years, two with short tragic endings, but we enjoyed their presence. One cat we had we took in about 7 years ago. The vet said that it was a feral cat, probably responsible for most of the strays in the neighborhood. It was well over 20 years old when it passed away this last February.

Now on to the present. We've had our oldest cat, Potter, for about nine or so years. This last July, we recently adopted a little kitten, whom we called Stella. She now is pouncing off the walls and is very playful. In fact, I have many scratch and bite marks on my hands from her ferociousness. When she gets near the big guy, he definitely becomes pissed off (as seen in the first picture). Anyways, I hope you enjoy these pictures.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/Jackpot-Jimmy/002-25.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/Jackpot-Jimmy/003-23.jpg

cappo
09-08-2009, 09:53 PM
I like cats also. Havent owned in about 20yrs though. Cool lookin kitties.

Dont let NBU guys around them.

Troutman65
09-08-2009, 11:12 PM
I like cats . I like dogs too. But cats are cool. Thanks for sharing the pics of your cats :Cool:

Sue
09-09-2009, 03:29 AM
Yay! I LOVE cats! They're delicious! :ROFL:

Just kidding - I have two. A big grey fluffy 18 month old male called Stealth and a 6 month old female called Bomber.
I'm considering getting a third, and will name it either B52 or Enola Gay depending upon it's sex *yes, I AM serious!*

Cangler
09-09-2009, 07:11 AM
We have SIX of the buggers !

Raja , Basil , Ripple , Staggerlee , Cheeky Monkey and Jackstraw

J. Owen
09-09-2009, 08:21 AM
wow hunters have dogs and it looks like fisherman (and women)
have cats i have 4 of em
kit kat, dusty, snickers, and puma

ghetto dad
09-09-2009, 09:20 AM
I like cats also. Havent owned in about 20yrs though. Cool lookin kitties.

Dont let NBU guys around them.

You reading my mind cuz is way too scary...:ROFL::ROFL:

Cool story Jimmy..thanks

GD