PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Niguel Lake 8/5 (bassin report)

boomstikit
09-08-2009, 07:44 AM
The plan was to meet a friend at the lake at 6:15. I arrived at park entrance at 6:30 only to find my buddy talking to the ranger working the pay booth. My buddy tells me that nobody is a the lake office. We tell the park ranger and she drives over to the lake office for a look around. She then calls the lake owner and says that people are waiting to fish. So we waited. Finally at 7:30 some guy pulls up and opens the lake. So we pay, get our boat, and head out. The lake has a stinky smell, almost like a sewer. The water is a dark brown/green color, maybe a foot of visibility. We fished from 8:00am till 11:30am. Hit all the spots that produced fish in the past (the spillway, cinder block reef, the islands, sunken trees, the tower, etc. We caught one small bass (d/s Robo SXE Shad). And that was the only bite we had the whole day. The only reason we went was because they were running a special that was to good to pass up. It is sad because LNL was one of the best bass lakes in OC, I had 40+ fish days only a year ago. I knew about the lake die-off last year, but wanted to see how bad it really was. Now I know. RIP Laguna Niguel Lake. :Sad:

Title s/b Laguna Niguel Lake 9/5 (bassin report)

goodguy
09-08-2009, 08:29 AM
This has been the word for a year or so out of there... It's too bad... I used to float tube that lake for bass a few times a year and would have at least 10+ fish days minimum... Sometimes 20/30+ fish days... Makes me sad....

zac_lobina
09-08-2009, 08:35 PM
ditto...place blowws now!

troutdog
09-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Might as well wait till trout season and the water to clear, it is a shame what has happend to LNL for the bass guys. Trouting last season was the best in OC.....HANDS DOWN!

TD

bsp
09-08-2009, 09:29 PM
They had some big bass in there. It's sad about that place, and I hope they figure out how to restore it. Until trout season, RIP LNL.