PDA

View Full Version : Grant and Gull report (not good for me)

billy b
09-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Fished Grant way up in the inlet and then at the boat launch by the cafe on Sunday ... no luck. People around me we're getting bit by the black and white kitty. Used PB and NC maybe my leader wasn't long enough? (tried 12-36")

Gull was slow Monday also. Anchored at the big rock then tried brookie hole. Finally got some action on Gulp worms ... but nothing on NC's or PB. A fellow Trojan, at the dock, said he went out to the right side (North) and did some good ... but with a 5 foot leader. Wish I had tried that.

Still a gorgeous day ... lake was beautiful ... and I celebrated #40 the night before at the Carson Peak Inn ... same place we stopped on our honeymoon. Since we had fished at Gull, that's why we tried it again ... had better luck on the honeymoon - however.

Any suggestions or critique welcome.

BTW, they said trolling was at 4-5 colors and just a few were being caught.

Fight On!

Big Country
09-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Hope it turns around real soon...we're heading up on Wednesday night to Mammoth for 5 days of fishing, drinking, golfing, drinking, and of course, the Steelers on opening night which also might include some drinking!

billy b
09-08-2009, 10:06 AM
It sounds like you can't miss on having a great time ... no matter what.

Hope I get to hear how you did ... and hope it's all good.

Big Country
09-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I'll usually post if there is something worth posting about. Hopefully it ends up being a good trip.