PDA

View Full Version : 9/7 Castaic w/ bigbit pt2 tougher day, with limits-

kewlwhip
09-07-2009, 10:12 PM
So after having a great time the other day, we decided to go for part deuccce!

With striper blood and more in my mind, I decided to try and make it out again for labor day monday...called up buddy bigbit, and he was game. We got our gear ready the night before, and got to the lake about 6am. Before heading out, saw kPN getting ready...also ran in to him and friend while trollin- hope you guys did good too-after we saw you we got into one of the nicer boils not far from you guys....-

well early am, saw some early risers, but no takers...did the troll and ended up getting singles/doubles schoolie hookups...was a blast when we found em...still a biatch not having a fish finder, but still able to get limits on the rental...

We trolled until about 2pm and had 12 between the two of us...We then decided to put our trolling gear away, and to start hunting the boils/and more with our lures...endedup harder then thought...seemed like the boils were few and far between, in comparison to last trip...weather was cooler, breezy as well, lots of boats- so that probably spooked schoolies from the labor day weekend-

We did manage to find 3 mini boils, and bigbit was able to capitalize...I got a few hits, but mostly misses- they were slammin our lures, it was an awesome site-when done, and even better when they were hook-ups!

ended the day with 2 full limits, had to work much harder todaythan friday- My camera took a poop, since the batteries from last fridays photos killed em. Most were about the same size 2-4lbrs schoolies.

NE Ways-

till nextime~

FISH ON!
kewly-

Wingnut
09-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Nice job Kewly... I see you're addicted now to the Striper crack. :LOL: :Twisted: :Envious:
Fun stuff, I told you so brotha... :Wink:

Liteweight
09-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Chasing Mr. Stripeee can be very addictive.

Just went through withdrawls myself the last couple of weeks.

Will be falling off the wagon this week though. :ROFL:

LW

kewlwhip
09-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Nice job Kewly... I see you're addicted now to the Striper crack. :LOL: :Twisted: :Envious:
Fun stuff, I told you so brotha... :Wink: oh yeah, striper crack!- arthur lets all kill them soon-i wish i could go during the week-!!
btw, i got some salty spots ;)

Chasing Mr. Stripeee can be very addictive.

Just went through withdrawls myself the last couple of weeks.

Will be falling off the wagon this week though. :ROFL:

LW addictive most definately. this time "dont get back on the wagon!" hahaah

BingJr
09-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Sooooooo, Castaic does have stripers!:Shocked:

kewlwhip
09-08-2009, 08:18 PM
yeah mmmmmmmmaybe, one or two

ps i love lurkers-!! hahahaah..
a few came up to us yesterday when we were gettin ready to launch- good stuff, sure you're here readin reports again lolz
"jaws music for luuurkers" lolz

they had a sick cntr consol striper boat tho-

PONTOON
09-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Oh no Kewly's hooked on striper! LOl Good job out there Kewly! Keep the reports coming.

kewlwhip
09-08-2009, 08:30 PM
terry- its because you and trolly are killin all the big cats! hahahah.. I had to sink into "mr stripey blood, as T.O calls it.

its all Uncle Bob's fault! that darn phenom fishin killin boat! lolzz

i bought 2 more rods and reels lolzzzz thanks Terry, one day my arsenal will almost be as grand as yours! hahahaha..

blackwater
09-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Hey Kewly! my wife and daughter left the Legends event a little early cuz my baby was too hot but heard you got there later??
Good job out on the water... the boils were fast and furious the day before.. I will definitely see you on the water soon!
Blackwater (Phuong)

kewlwhip
09-08-2009, 09:31 PM
whats up phuong! looks like T.O. got you and Arthur up on them stripeys gooood! Yea, i had family come and i made a late legends show...long day. When all was said and done there, i just wanted to fish. We ended up landing a buncha kitties and a 14.7 blue- was gona haul it to show jimmy, but just released it back in to get BIGGER. lol

GeordyBass
09-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Sooooooo, Castaic does have stripers!:Shocked:
Seriously?:Secret:

kpn
09-09-2009, 08:52 AM
It was nice to see you guys out there again Kewly......We gave up on trolling, because lake lice and back on hunting the boils and it pay off big time. We had to leave at noon and left em biting......

KPN.

kewlwhip
09-09-2009, 05:38 PM
nice seeing ya out there too kpn -figured you guys might be at the duct slayin! ;)

That one lure design of yours i was flashing to you guys, killed it on the boils for us that day!
Yeah trolling wasn't too bad, we did very good still- but seeing some of the boils, made us want to stop about 1/2-3/4 through the day. We mixed it up with good success and limits.

Ahh thats a hard thing to do...leaving a good bite! see ya out there again soon kpn~